Muhammad Ali vs Mike Tyson

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Dance84, Dec 1, 2019.

Who wins

1. Ali on Points

2. Ali by Knockout

3. Tyson on Points

4. Tyson by Knockout

5. Draw

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Dance84

Dance84 Unicorn and seastar land Full Member

Oct 11, 2017
    Who would win this match up ? Prime per Prime . i think a prime mike tyson would come out charging with his speed and trouble ali who would not have enough power to keep him off . usually with tyson outboxing him wasnt the key you had to outbox him and be a way bigger guy with enough power to keep honest or you had to muscle him and stand in the ring toe to toe . which is why foreman is the only heavyweight from the ali era doing that and maybe beating tyson

2. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
  3. Flash24

Flash24 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 22, 2015
    I've run this fight in my mind a thousand times and 75-80 % of the times Ali wins. And I believe he beats Tyson before they step into the ring, Like Liston and Foreman. Tyson had the tools to give Ali hell if not beat him outright. I've never questioned Tyson's physical ability to beat Ali but his mental ability. Better yet his mental stability.
    The reason I personally don't place Tyson in the top 5-9 Heavyweights in history is the question of his mental stability. He never faced anyone that was a real serious threat too beat him in his prime. Most fighters he faced were beaten well before they stepped into the ring with him. He psychologically imposed his will well before the opponents stepped into the ring.
    But how would he handle bigger stronger bullies like, Liston or Foreman or even prime Bowe Fighters with unbreakable wills like Frazier and Ali or Holyfield.
    Based on his history not very well. Tyson had the physical ability to be the absolute GOAT at Heavyweight. But his mental stability drops him way down. And that's the key ingredient he's missing on being the ATG.
    Ali would torment Tyson before the fight. Call him names, poke fun at his looks and ability. He would make Tyson doubt himself . And if one doubts themselves, especially against a fighter that's supremely confident and physically ready to fight that fighter loses most of the time.
    Ali wins the psychological warfare, that would lead to Tyson fighting with doubt, and that would lead to Ali winning by late stoppage. And still the Greatest of all time..

4. The Morlocks

The Morlocks Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 21, 2009
  5. The Undefeated Lachbuster

The Undefeated Lachbuster I check this every now and then Full Member

Jul 18, 2018
  6. Fergy

Fergy Walking Dead Full Member

Jan 8, 2017
    Ohh the old Tyson v Ali, much blood has been chucked about over this match-up!
    I see a Douglas V Tyson type fight with Ali stopping an half blind Mike around 11 rounds. Maybe a little closer with peak Tyson but Ali still has the upper hand.
    Muhammed to game, to tough, to confident to lose imo.

7. langdell

langdell New Member Full Member

Oct 27, 2016
    Ali, within 10. Tyson is great, but Ali would get in to his head.

8. quest00

quest00 Member Full Member

Feb 1, 2015
    I have voted for Tyson and I have always believed that Tyson was capable of beating Ali. My reasoning is if Frazier could do it, then why couldn't Tyson. Tyson was better in every category with the exception of maybe stamina. Even then its not like he had Ernie Shavers type stamina. In Tysons prime, 87-89ish he stamina was fine. Tyson had two fisted power not just a left hook, blazing hand speed, very good defense, better foot work than Frazier and a better chin. The thing that people loved to say is, "O Ali would get into Tysons head and beat him before the fight even started." Cus d' mato trained Tyson for Ali type styles. If Ali could be dropped by Henry Cooper and Frazier why couldn't Tyson do the same.

9. The Undefeated Lachbuster

The Undefeated Lachbuster I check this every now and then Full Member

Jul 18, 2018
    :boxing1heresey

10. johnmaff36

johnmaff36 Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 5, 2009
    what your forgetting is that in these mythical matches BOTH get to be on their best night. You cant have the mythical beast Prime Mike Tyson without Ali being Prime too

Can I box likes this.
  11. InMemoryofJakeLamotta

InMemoryofJakeLamotta I have defeated the great Seamus Full Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Tyson makes Ali dance too much and give away too many rounds. Tyson UD

12. ETM

ETM I thought I did enough to win. Full Member

Mar 19, 2012
    Tyson couldn't handle being hit consistently. Ali would pepper him more each round. I could see Tyson knocking Ali down early but he couldnt finish him.
    Tyson's offense fell off a cliff once he was getting stung. His output went way down, he lost the edge of his aggression. Once Ali has time and room it's all over.

swagdelfadeel and RockyJim like this.
  13. ETM

Mar 19, 2012
    He would dance on Tyson's head!

14. ETM

Mar 19, 2012
    Frazier had the better chin. Bigger heart, tougher mentally, better infighter.

15. swagdelfadeel

swagdelfadeel Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 30, 2014
    Does anyone make their polls public anymore? Ffs!