Mundine Targets Horn

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by pincai, Sep 3, 2017.

1. pincai

pincai The Indonesian Thin Man Full Member

Jun 10, 2012
    Reported on local scene that Mundine issues a challenge to Horn in replace of a fail negotiation of the Pac rematch.

Mundine is still a massive drawcard when it comes to pay-per-view sales in Australia.

It would be a nice payday for both and with a bit of trash talking, I think it would be a massive success.

I think it can be done at 154 but I don't think Mundine had enough in him to overcome a young prime fighter in Horn.

2. the factor

the factor Active Member banned Full Member

Sep 13, 2014
    If it's at 154 it won't be for Horn's title. I don't know how the WBO would view that.

3. Sandman_

Sandman_ Undisputed Full Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Bob Arum hates Mundine.

Won't ever forgive him for the 9/11 comments.

He won't get a look in.

like a boss likes this.
  4. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Horn would do a number on that piece of **** that would make Hatley performance pale in comparison, what does Mundine have to drop in weight to get back to 154? Like 40 or 50 pounds at this point? I doubt he'd make it out of the 5th round, he'd be drained to the point of near death, Horn would pulverize him thoroughly, please make the match Arum, this needs to happen.:deal:

5. Nonito Smoak

Nonito Smoak Ioka>Lomo, sorry my dudes Full Member

Sep 8, 2010
    Inactivity until Pacquiao is ready for the rematch. That is where Horn is headed.

6. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Jeffie knocks old Choc into orbit.

Careful what you wish...

Sugar 88, CST80, stiflers mum and 5 others like this.
  7. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Mundine just needs to go away... Such an entitled/attention whoring piece of ****.

8. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    I dislike him personally but have come to respect his natural talent (actually capable of some very smooth American style boxing at his best) and dedication to round-the-year fitness and training in retrospect; despite his weak chin he did cobble together a pretty decent resume if you ignore the weight jumping and occasional cherry picking. I now consider him among Kessler's top 5 wins, (and don't mean that with any connotation that disparages Kessler), maybe even 2nd best, especially considering how the Great Dane just surgically dissected him.

The rest of Mundine's losses were abrupt single-punch affairs or close decisions. The only person to dominate and toy with him was MK.

9. MidniteProwler

MidniteProwler Fab 4. Mayor of Aussie Boxing Full Member

Sep 19, 2012
    Sounds like the kind of fight Horn would go for, he loves fighting guys in their late thirties and early forties.

OvidsExile and pincai like this.
  10. like a boss

like a boss Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Clottey didn't dominate and toy with Mundine?

Sat him on his butt how many times, 5?

Hatley also beat him from pillar to post.

pincai likes this.
  11. MidniteProwler

Sep 19, 2012
    Mundine was well past his best by that stage, but you already knew that.

pincai likes this.
  12. pincai

pincai The Indonesian Thin Man Full Member

Jun 10, 2012
    I was a big fan of Mundine when he first starting out. Seating near ring side with a bunch of mates for his fight with Kessler, which I scored very close btw despite the official scores.
    But I lost interest with him after I realise he just try to milk the local fans money without wanting to test himself with the best.
    We shall see if arum wants to make this fight. Although I thought horn lost the pac fight, I'm happy for him to have money fights lining up.

khaosai galaxi and OvidsExile like this.
  13. like a boss

Jul 30, 2012
    You offering an excuse for why Clottey and Hatley dominated and toyed with Mundine was inevitable.

Mundine was just lucky Clottey was well past his best or it would have been even uglier.

14. MidniteProwler

Sep 19, 2012
    You and I both know Mundine never really had any business at 154 it was the worst career move he made.

15. like a boss

Jul 30, 2012
    You and I both know going to 154 was just one of a long list of bad career moves Mundine made.