Mundine vs Winky - who would win this close matchup at 168 -question mark-

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by China_hand_Joe, Jul 29, 2007.

1. CarltonBlues

CarltonBlues Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 5, 2007
    I think Mundine easy, Winky belongs at 154lbs. Mundine holds all the advantages in this fight. He's faster, stronger and more powerful. Winky's main weapon is his jab and Mundine's speed would just take it away.

2. Super_Fly_Sam

Super_Fly_Sam Aus Boxer Full Member

Oct 4, 2006
    I Think Winky's Jab Would Give Mundine Alot Of Troubles... Especially If He Droubles And Triples Them Up

3. ashley

ashley Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 14, 2007
    I hope Mundine gets the full WBA and fights Wright.

Mundine will be 2 fast for him and will win by 4 or more rounds.

Sam gave wright a good fight Mundine bashed sam...do the math.

4. teke

teke Titans Time !!! Full Member

Jul 31, 2004
    I wont lose this bet.

Noway does Winky beat Mundine, Im not saying this as a love struck nuthugger. I would even up the ante on the life time off-the-board bet and say that before leaving ESB i will post a pic of myself trying to give myself head :lol::deal

5. teke

teke Titans Time !!! Full Member

Jul 31, 2004
    Sorry mate that was TSR that said if Mundine KOs Sam then he'll show us his freshly shaved nuts

6. greenghost

greenghost Member Full Member

May 31, 2005
    I think mundine would win an easy decision

7. greenghost

greenghost Member Full Member

May 31, 2005
    I really dont see how any jab can upset mundines style:huh

8. MSTR

MSTR More Speed Than Roy!!!!! Full Member

Feb 19, 2005
    Totally agree because the two of his most recent losses against Kessler and Siaca both came against shorter opponents who couldn't jab. Great post. ROFL.

9. MSTR

MSTR More Speed Than Roy!!!!! Full Member

Feb 19, 2005
    I would also. He doesn't throw in combinations, isn't comfortable throwing punches in close quarters and doesn't have the movement of Hopkins or the physical strength of Taylor. All logic has gone straight out of the window in this one.

10. jb1

jb1 REFLECTION OF PERFECTION Full Member

Dec 7, 2005
    just take a look at winky's victories against mundines and im sure u will see why he is a class above him

11. Dekkers

Dekkers Team Bergeron Full Member

Jul 8, 2005
    Wrights guard isn't necesarily impregnable either, he doesn't really move his head all that much, his long arms and high guard are used to absord the punches. He's very difficult to hit cleanly, but with Winky there's always a chance a fast hard right hand is going to through the high guard at these higher weights and only be partially blocked (this imo is one of the reasons Taylor was capable of eeking out that much contested decision).

Mosely found a lot of success against Winky by following up the rights against Winky (who put his guard straight in front of him) with left hooks, Mundine is more than capable of doing similar things with a heavier, slowing Winky. Like I said before Winky doesn't have respectable supermiddleweight power so Mundine will be far more relaxed with his combinations. Mundine may not be as strong as Taylor but his strength will be more than a match for Winkys' regardless. Winkys reflexes are also fading as well as his speed, it may be a case of Mundine finding Winky more than some here believe due to sheer physical advantages, much the same way Taylor disposed of Hopkins.

12. jb1

Dec 7, 2005
    wish i could ****er but winky wont fight mundine because outside australia mundine is a nobody and winky can finish his career against the likes of hopkins ect why fight a paper reserve grade claytons title holder

13. jb1

Dec 7, 2005
    what deal u twat they are not fighting mundine hasnt got a fight he has nothing to offer anyone until he branches out of australia and fights someone ranked in the top 10 he is going to fade away in the shadow of kess and jc

14. jb1

Dec 7, 2005
    This content is protected

15. Dr Gonzo

Dr Gonzo Yo! Molesta La Breastas! Full Member

Mar 1, 2007
    This content is protected