Mundine vs Wood RBR

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by rourky, Dec 8, 2010.

1. raff

raff Well-Known Member Full Member

May 20, 2006
    Was woods performance any good? I read somewhere the loose ropes were designed to favour mundines defence? What a result, woods will always be remembered for this

2. fistsof steel

fistsof steel Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 13, 2010
    His manipulated career was always going to end in embarresment if he continued to fight Patsy's,out of all this a very ordinary fighter in Garth Woods has reached Hero status and I can see him being etched in Australian folk lore.
    In hindsight it would have been far better ending for Mandy's career to have it finished by Golovkin rather than a inexperienced Woods.
    Ding Dong the Witch is Dead.!!!!

3. raff

raff Well-Known Member Full Member

May 20, 2006
    And what a great week, had a baby girl, my brothers birthday, best mate visiting from London, now this!!!

4. TommyV

TommyV VIP Member banned

Nov 2, 2007
    Funniest round by round ever. Fantastic.

Australia and boxing in general doesn't need fraud's like Mundine and Green. Hopefully Vic and Kats now get the attention and recognition they deserve, same with Geale, Lenny Z.

Congratulations Aussies. :thumbsup

5. sambo1987

sambo1987 Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Woods is on PED's. Mundine didn't get an even playing field.

6. "DJ"

"DJ" Member Full Member

Sep 14, 2008
    I wanna boof wood...

7. COULDHAVEBEEN

COULDHAVEBEEN Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 10, 2007

Ash may well be turning Japanese after last night.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEmJ-VWPDM4[/ame]

8. roscoe

roscoe Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 26, 2006
    A big thank you & congrats to Garth wood from the entire Oz boixng scene. I personally don't care if you don't win another fight son............you won the one that mattered. Exposed a boxing fraud...............oh well there goes the big fights with the likes of pacquio/mayweather/cotto/margarito fights...............humble pie is best served in large pieces. I honestly still can't believe it.................I wonder where Ash is hiding......sorry mate.

9. maco_187

maco_187 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2005
    best news ever!!!! woooooo.... waking up and looking on foxsports with that headline that made my year....
    ive said it all year mundine is domestic level at best... now hes not even that hahahah

10. badlefthook84

badlefthook84 Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Great day for aussie boxing. Mundine has raped the sport of boxing in australia all of his career. Hopefully main event will see sense and never give him tv time again, same for fox. Time to get behind Geale,Lenny Z, Katsidis and Vic. Proper fighters. All thats needed now is for someone to get rid of that other fraud Danny Green. If australian boxing wants to regain any credability then it can't let circus acts like Green and Mundine ruin the sport any more.

11. ATP

ATP Fringe Contender Full Member

Mar 28, 2010
    lmao great result for Wood, i bet mundines cronies went to the TAB & bet on garth Ko round 5 but....make themselves nice profits in spite of the defeat :good

12. IrnBruMan

IrnBruMan Obsessed with Boxing banned

Apr 8, 2006
    :lol::lol::lol:

13. fast hands

fast hands Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Things really got better once Flash joined the team
    [ Mr 154lbs ] :patsch

14. JS#35

JS#35 New Member Full Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Garth Wood now has a special place in my heart. **** you, Mundine.

15. LeonMcS

LeonMcS The Mayor of Kronkton Full Member

Aug 26, 2007
    Have a very happy hangover this morning.

Quote of the night from a mate while we suffered through the undercard "I hope this **** isn't being televised overseas!".

Easily the worst card I have seen, Susie Ramadan was the fighter of the night, Fred Nagi fighting a 42 year old Indian bloke who looked 65, jesus wept...

Pub actually exploded in joy at the ko, I couldn't talk for ten minutes as I was laughing so much.

Never seen a happier fight crowd leaving a pub, I think we may all even hold a reunion there next year.