Murat Gassiev withdraws from bout with Jerry Forrest on February 29th

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Mulanax, Feb 19, 2020.

1. Mulanax

Mulanax The Real Touch of Sleep Full Member

Aug 21, 2017
    This content is protected

2. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Damn shame.

Wanted to see Gassiev in action for ages now, he’s been out too long.

Pimp C and Eastern Iron like this.
  3. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    At this rate he will forget how to box

4. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    I'll just post a replay of his match against Usyk.
    This content is protected

5. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018
    Shame, I was looking forward to seeing him at HW.

Eastern Iron and Brixton Bomber like this.
  6. lordlosh

lordlosh Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 4, 2014
    The guy is too small for the HW division. Just like Usyk. Yeah he is younger and there is much more sense in his turn to HW, compare to Usyk one, but i think this was bad, bad choice.
    It has to be his promoter or trainer choice, which is ridiculous.
    He should have stayed in Cruiserweight and very well become Undisputed Cruiserweight Champion.
    Yet his team decide to waste his prime and he lost exactly 2 years of his prime, trying to move to HW ....
    I like Murat very much, as well as Usyk, but both of them make big mistake moving into the HW. One because it was too old for it, and Gassiev to me has no business in HW. He lacks the size and reach and he is not some kind of a great mover, or have the explosiveness of Tyson for example.

Pimp C and POTUS like this.
  7. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Gassiev is very tight at CW.

Boiling down is too much for him with his muscular frame.

Eastern Iron and Slowhand like this.
  8. MetalLicker

MetalLicker Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 10, 2011
    This is very disappointing. By the time he fights again, he will have been on the shelf for 2 years. 2 years of physical prime, gone.

Eastern Iron and CST80 like this.
  9. Pakkuman

Pakkuman I'm not hot. I'm just BIG. banned Full Member

Jun 26, 2019
    Seriously, **** Gassiev. This is what? The second or third time he's pulled out of a fight?

Eastern Iron, POTUS and Inglis_1 like this.
  10. lordlosh

Jun 4, 2014
    For me he doesn`t have the dimension for HW. And if Usyk can box him to 12-0, guess how bad will be against a guy who is even taller and has more reach and more power.
    And as of now, the guy lost exactly 2 years of his prime trying to make for the HW and he will need time to bring his form back, as well as to adjust in HW, and what exactly he is going to achieve in HW???
    He should have stayed where he was, just as what Usyk should have done.
    Both of this guys make a big mistakes and everything else is just an bad excuses for the bad move their team made.
    Again this is not a hate against Usyk and Gassiev i like them both. Great fighters, but should have stayed in their division.

11. timeout

timeout Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 15, 2010
    Sanchez big bear camp is falling apart at the seams .

POTUS likes this.
  12. Dubblechin

Dubblechin Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 25, 2014
    I'm just going to say the cruiserweight division that everyone was bragging about for years on this board has turned out to be pretty freaking soft.

Usyk can't quit hurting himself in the gym and can only manage one fight with Chazz Witherspoon going on a year and a half.

Gassiev backs out of a fight against Jerry Forrest beause he doesn't get a full camp. Jesus, does he need a full camp for "JERRY FORREST?" Gerald Washington, when he was just learning to box after switching from a football career, knocked out Forrest in two rounds.

Eddie Hearn has to be wondering how weak of an opponent does he have to give Gassiev to get him in the freaking ring.

Usyk, Gassiev, even Briedis, they were all heavyweights as amateurs along with Wilder. But now that they are starting to move up and are officially fighting heavyweights, and not blown up light heavys, they all seem to have gone soft.

I don't think that cruiserweight class was all it was hyped up to be.

13. Inglis_1

Inglis_1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 4, 2018
    Gassiev I believe should have stayed AT CW yes but not Usyk. He's got nothing to achieve down there anymore and has a genuine chance of unifying the division.

Eastern Iron likes this.
  14. lordlosh

Jun 4, 2014
    The problem with Usyk is that he is not 25 or 26, he moved at 32 years old. And he as well has problem with injury, and probably couldn`t fight the right weight for him.
    You need time to use to the new weight, as well as time to get use with the new division, and his style is very specific, and he can very much start losing speed and his style will suffer.
    Not everyone could last to 37 in their prime.

Eastern Iron likes this.
  15. bruce_keyes

bruce_keyes Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 9, 2008
    Gassiev, retire man... if you aren't ready NOW. you will never be ready. You say if you fought it would be a disrespect to the fans? no quite the opposite, if you DON'T FIGHT it will be a disrespect to the fans!!!

Eastern Iron and Richmondpete like this.