Murat Georgievich "The Iron" Gassiev

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IntentionalButt, Dec 20, 2020.

1. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Not to mention that Gassiev is built to be explosive, he's not made for endurance.

Betyabeatyaup likes this.
  2. ForemanJab

ForemanJab Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 8, 2014
    Marathon running would just wear down his joints. He should probably go back down to CW, his structure is too small for HW and most likely a factor in why he’s always spraining or breaking something.

Brixton Bomber likes this.
  3. catchwtboxing

catchwtboxing Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 4, 2014
    On the contrary, I think it was training off all the weight to stay at cruiser that probably messed him up.

4. catchwtboxing

Jul 4, 2014
    There are times in life when I just don't know what to say. So all those years I ran track and cross-country, and we ran to build up our stamina, I wasn't building up my stamina?

Boxing is no stress on the body?

Whatever, dude.

KO KIDD likes this.
  5. catchwtboxing

Jul 4, 2014
    Possibility, but from my understanding all of his injuries thus far have been to his upper body.

6. catchwtboxing

Jul 4, 2014
    It is a common colloquialism, What difference does it make?

If you use the appropriate shoes, it really isn't that bad. Old-time boxers used to tear up their knees wearing combat boots. A correct shoe is key.

Also, as far as I have seen, the injuries have all been to the upper body.

If if made you feel better, he could go to a 24 hour fitness and use a new-fangled machine to run in place. Or he could swim. The point is, he can do a lot of things to build up his lungs without subjecting his body to a beating.

220 would be right for him.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2022
    KO KIDD likes this.
  7. Betyabeatyaup

Betyabeatyaup Member Full Member

Dec 18, 2021
    You were building up stamina for track and cross-country. Isn’t this boxing we’re talking about on a boxing forum? I don’t go onto a swimming forum and tell them to go for a run to beat their butterfly pb.

Of course boxing is some stress on the body like all exercise is. It’s nowhere near as stressful as running is on your body, even just jogging as a light person you have something stupid like six times your body weight in force going through each stride.

What part is confusing for you?

Brixton Bomber likes this.
  8. Nonito Smoak

Nonito Smoak Ioka>Lomo, sorry my dudes Full Member

Sep 8, 2010
    So running is harder on your body than bag work and sparring? Wow. Maybe my body is alien.

catchwtboxing likes this.
  9. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
  10. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    What next? Climbing trees is bad for the joints of monkeys and apes? Trust me if you're being chased by a lion on the savanna jumping on a rowing machine or doing Pilates isn't going to save your life :facepalm:

CST80 and catchwtboxing like this.
  11. CleneloAnavarez

CleneloAnavarez Active Member banned Full Member

Nov 18, 2021
    Running is harder on the body than bagwork. Sparring is not comparable to regular exercises since it happens for a very short duration in camp.

12. catchwtboxing

Jul 4, 2014
    Cross of ****, this. Stamina is somewhat sports specific, but when you build up your capillaries, you build up your capillaries.

Again, Gassiev's injuries have been to the upper body. There is no such thing as being "injury prone." He has damaged his upper body through boxing training. So switching to stamina-building running would be good for him..

13. Manu Vatuvei

Manu Vatuvei Active Member Full Member

Apr 21, 2011
    220-300lb rugby and rugby league players do massive amounts of running and cardio work because they play a massively cardio intensive sport, and you’re telling me a 220-230lb boxer is too big to run?

14. CST80

CST80 De Omnibus Dubitandum: Reject The New Normal Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    See... **** like this is why I left the Left. It's only a matter of time for you, stop fighting the urge.;)

Serge likes this.
  15. Betyabeatyaup

Betyabeatyaup Member Full Member

Dec 18, 2021
    Far far harder on your body than bag work. It’s hard to compare to sparring, because sparring involves head trauma. Really people shouldn’t be sparring at all, but we are on a boxing forum. Running is also obviously nowhere near sparring when it comes to getting prepared for boxing. So risk/benefit, running is still a stupid thing to do.