Murat Georgievich "The Iron" Gassiev

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IntentionalButt, Dec 20, 2020.

1. Betyabeatyaup

Betyabeatyaup Active Member Full Member

Dec 18, 2021
    Boxing is good for boxing, climbing tress is good for climbing. Relevance to running? Why are you talking about rowing machines and Pilates?
    I’m not even sure if you’re reiterating or arguing against what I was saying. Obviously running/rowing machines are a pointless thing for a boxer, and obviously running is more stressful on the body than hitting a bag for the same experience/fitness level.

2. Betyabeatyaup

Dec 18, 2021
    Capillaries innervate peripheral muscles based on needs. How you think having endurance in your calves helps boxing when weighed up against the amount of stress and energy on your body, I don’t know. The risk/reward makes it completely foolish to be running. You have a point if he’s injured and he just needs to keep some weight off and he’s already well conditioned for running (so it’s less stressful for him), but then you would be better off doing some cross training where you can actually maintain some central fitness. That central fitness is what has some cross sports generality, the peripheral is very sports specific.

3. Betyabeatyaup

Dec 18, 2021
    They do sprints and interval training, a boxer could do the same for less benefit. A rugby player has to run for their sport, a boxer doesn’t. All training is for a purpose right? A big rugby player who has a position where they are required to run a lot (notice it is the smaller guys who are on the wing, in gridiron same thing - running back) is simply going to break down and not make it, while someone who can endure the stress slots in. We don’t have a dozen boxers jostling for the single spot of being Gassiev.

4. catchwtboxing

catchwtboxing Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 4, 2014
    Uh, yes. You are talking gibberish. Stamina is stamina.

No one said that he shouldn't do some cross training, just that if he has injuries, he could run while he lets them heal. It isn't hard to understand.

Good luck to you. I am done arguing an obvious point.

5. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    I must admit have quite a hard time coming on this thread, I'm still deeply traumatized by the thought of Gassiev's yurt wife gobbling down his cabbagey loads.:sisi1

Serge likes this.
  6. Betyabeatyaup

Dec 18, 2021
    What arguing? I explained stamina to you in a clear manner (I thought) and you obviously still don’t understand. There’s no need to get aggressive if you don’t understand things and to pretend that we had an argument, I can explain it to you in other ways that might make it easier for you to understand. I don’t know who I’m talking to so I don’t know how much I have to simplify it for you.

Edit: reading your post again, you seem to be implying that running isn’t cross training? If I use words like cross training you can just ask me what they mean, I’m not trying to make you feel stupid.

7. Manu Vatuvei

Manu Vatuvei Active Member Full Member

Apr 21, 2011
    Modern day wingers tend to be huge - but even a small one is going to be over 200lbs. The idea that they are constantly breaking down simply because of running is just nonsense.

8. Betyabeatyaup

Dec 18, 2021
    I don’t understand what point you’re trying to make. Rugby players run in their sport - they are conditioned for it and it is necessary, not optional. They run on grass, that’s not the same as ‘doing roadwork’. They do repeat sprints, not ‘roadwork’. They have strong legs, they do heavy squats/deadlifts etc. - they are better at absorbing force. They don’t go for long runs, they sprint and do agility drills. Even with all this and the professionalism, you still have rugby players with constant soft tissue injuries that they need to manage carefully with physios.

So how this does completely irrelevant example speak to a cruiserweight/heavyweight doing roadwork? You’re talking about something completely different in a completely different sport. I don’t understand what point you are making. Breaking down is often bad luck, or mismanaging training load. My argument is that running as a big guy should not even be part of boxing training. As you are likely to get injured, and it doesn’t do anything for your sport. Boxing is one of these sports that is deeply rooted to practices based on tradition, at some point you have to stop doing pointless and harmful things.

9. Max Thunder

Max Thunder Proud member of the Cult of Vikings Full Member

Apr 25, 2017
    Just photoshop your face here and this would make a nice framed photo for your nightstand. @IntentionalButt

This content is protected

tinman and CST80 like this.
  10. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    You ever seen a wolf in the wild on a treadmill?

If a dog did circuits in the gym everyday do you think it would be stronger than a wild wolf?

CST80 likes this.
  11. It's Ovah

It's Ovah I'm your huckleberry, that's just mah game Full Member

Sep 5, 2016
    Hard to believe this guy is still in his twenties. He's got the superfast Gypsy ageing thing going on. Only where Fury is morphing into his dad, Gassiev looks to be morphing into a kebab shop owner from Seven Sisters Road.

tinman, CST80 and catchwtboxing like this.
  12. catchwtboxing

Jul 4, 2014
    It's not that I don't understand, it is that you are wrong. It is almost comical to read you write a sentence starting with "I explained..."

13. catchwtboxing

Jul 4, 2014
    I have always suspected that he was a "Cuban" 28 years. But want to believe it, so I do.

It's Ovah likes this.
  14. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    The evidence mounts.:sisi1

tinman likes this.
  15. senpai

senpai Boxing Addict Full Member

May 18, 2021
    This content is protected