My Back Hurts

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by dmt, Aug 28, 2007.

1. dmt

dmt Hardest hitting hw ever Full Member

Jul 2, 2006
    like hell, it's been there for days, i don't know. It's true that i've been excercising alot and training hard for next months high school football and basketball tournaments. If i want to do well in those tournaments should i stop excercising for a while or should i just keep gioing despite the back aches?

and any solutions to the damn back aches?

2. JMonster

JMonster Active Member Full Member

Mar 8, 2005
    i would rest a few extra days and do a lot of stretching. my shoulders n neck r killing me too so i waited an extra day or 2. n when i work out today i'm gonna take it easy so it sorta stretches out my muscles

3. CMBoxer

CMBoxer Member Full Member

Apr 16, 2007
    If you've been training very hard, you need rest. You might have been overtraining. But I'm speculating. I need to know what you do exactly. Also before doing intense exercises, always stretch. Do different kinds of stretching. My boxing stance is hip squared and hunchback. When I do this, I get tired after three rounds of standing like this. The next day my back hurt. But then it turned into a muscle sore which is good news because it means I worked the muscles well. I just keep doing it until I become accustomed to it but I also allow a day for rest.

4. Illmatic

Illmatic Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    i used to get a ton of lower back aches. What I did was, when jogging, I would make sure to run with my back straight up.

What I found was that I was running hunched over a tad bit, kind of like what you do when sprinting, but doing so when I was jogging for cardio. its helped a ton- I wish I had found this out years before.

5. dmt

dmt Hardest hitting hw ever Full Member

Jul 2, 2006
    i do plenty of pushups and sit ups. I practice alot of dribbling basketball between the legs while bending

6. Songshadow

Songshadow Dogged & Relentless Full Member

Jun 24, 2019
    Here is my cure for lower back pain.
    Lay flat on the floor. (Never the Bed)
    Loop your belt around the arch of your foot. (I like the belt from my bathrobe.)
    Lift your leg with your arms pulling on each end of the belt with both hands. (Do not let your leg muscles help.)
    If you have a friend let them lift your leg for you.
    Do not bend your knee.
    Lift your leg so high that it hurts, or until you go: "ouch, ouch, ouch!"
    Then Slowly, lower your leg back to the floor.
    Now breathe, relax, and do the other leg.
    Repeat this process three, or four times in one setting.

This works on the lower back.
    It stretches the muscles, and it realigns the spine.
    I would do this every night for three days before I went to bed.

It sure fixed my back until the next time I messed it up.
    If you get a friend to help, have them put one hand on your knee so as to keep your leg straight.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019