My boxing trainer doesn't leave me alone.

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by Amds, Feb 3, 2018.

1. Amds

Amds New Member Full Member

Dec 20, 2017
    I doubt they see me as cannon fodder,also.I am sure it sounds ridiculous at this point of our interaction,but i hardly speak in people in general.I'm very silent in general,and i don't try to sound arrogant or cocky when i'm refering to people.Seriously,i know how ridiculous it sounds after you saw my previous replies but it's the truth.
    Now about the trainer people would kill for"Here's the problem.
    1)He's only harsh to me.
    2)He's overly agressive and rude.Even more than i appear in this site.
    3)While his brother,the owner of the gym.A guy who fought in the olympics of 2005 i think?yes.
    told me that if i improve my footwork,and my defense.He will sign me up for a C category tournament,after i accidentaly punched the guy in the stomach.He told me you will get 14 oz gloves,i'm not allowing you to wear anything lighter.My speed increased since then,but my punches losed steam.A lot,also my knuckles stopped hurting.
    Anyway,i don't know which one is right and which one isn't.If i post three videos of me,hitting the heavy bag for power/speed/and shadow boxing.Will you be able to give me a honest opinion?
    Also i don't trust him for sh,,it.I don't trust our trainers in my country in general.
    Although some of them have golden hearts,which in my opinion are more appreciable than knowledge.But this guy isn't one of them.He told one of our 4 pros in our gym"YOU HAVE YOUR GUARD DOWN A LOT THAT'S WHY YOU GOT YOUR ASS KNOCKED DOWN IN YOUR LAST FIGHT!YOU WILL LOOK LIKE LOSER AGAIN!That's overboard.

2. lucky luke

lucky luke Well-Known Member Full Member

May 18, 2013
    Some people are a-holes but they can still be good at their profession. So he might still be a good coach.
    Maybe he is showing you extra attention because you need it the most or because he sees most potential in you, or he simply doesn't like you. Hard to tell, but if his critic is fair that would suggest otherwise.

That your hand doesn't hurt I'd say is a good thing. Might have to do with thicker gloves and that your hand are more prone to hitting. Sore hands is not a good thing in the long run for a pugilist.

If you upload a video on here you'll get a lot of opinions. I'd say it's better to trust your coach than an internet forum. But then again it's always fun when people upload their videos.

But the heart of the matter I think is: Do you think your coach critic (on your technique etc.) is fair? Is it only his attitude that is the problem?

If that is the case I'd say you've got a devoted coach that you should stick with as long as you can handle him mentally.

PIRA likes this.
  3. Amds

Dec 20, 2017
    He's paying too much attention to details,the pivot jab the one you do by rotating your hip and your front foot for him is the only correct jab.
    He's persisting me to stop weigh lifting for some reason,a lot..

4. lucky luke

lucky luke Well-Known Member Full Member

May 18, 2013
    Sounds like an alright coach to me!

c288t and PIRA like this.
  5. Giacomino

Giacomino Member Full Member

Oct 15, 2016
    Well, ok - how about this then: You upload a video and I'll give you completely honest feedback on it, to the best of my ability. As, I'm sure will some others. You'll probably get some very useful advice - there are some very knowledgeable people on this site. For myself, I'm not claiming any special knowledge - but I train with other boxers and I'll give you honest advice. Don't forget that the video should also show your legs and feet (not just shoulders, arms and head) if you want to get some proper analysis and advice - proper punching starts in the feet, so we'll need to see if your feet are correct, too.

lucky luke likes this.
  6. Amds

Dec 20, 2017
    Okay,should i go for boom boom boom super shots.Or what i would do if i was in the ring?

7. Giacomino

Oct 15, 2016
    Why not do a bit of both. If you'd like a suggestion, start off with a bit of moving around with the bag, add in some straight punches at range and then throw some heavy shots. Basically, the more you show, the better quality of suggestions and advice you are likely to get. And improvement is what it's all about, right? Perhaps try to do at least 2 minutes of whatever it is you'd like to work on?

8. PIRA

PIRA Arise Sir Lennox. Full Member

Mar 30, 2007

That could be the problem there - the trainers are in disagreement with your competition timetable. One thinks you can be ready, one not.

I would err on the side of caution and aim for next years championships - you could always resort to a short, mysterious achilles problem and issue solved. :D

9. Amds

Dec 20, 2017
    I will video tape me hitting a bag and you people will tell me.The quickest way.

Giacomino likes this.
  10. Amds

Dec 20, 2017
    I don't agree with either of them,for two very simple reasons.
    1)Or amateur level here in my country sucks,damn yeah i can beat them up.90%of the newbies here get two punches in the nose,and they put their head down and start throwing super wild shots out of nowhere.I'm not like that,i have been in the hospital after a street fight for stiches...Three times,damn yeah i got more soul than them,i never had a choice not to.
    2)MY FOOTWORK SUCKS,and i can't weave for ****.If the amateur championship was in mexico,i would lose 90-4 100%,i'm very lucky and unlucky that the competition isn't even near that.
    Bottom line,i'm not saying that i am good.I'm saying that our amateur boxers suck.

11. Giacomino

Oct 15, 2016
    How is the video coming along?

12. c288t

c288t New Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2017
    ha ha ha ha what?

13. Amds

Dec 20, 2017
    I realized how horrible my footwork is,and to be honest.I'm way too ashamed to share it XD

lucky luke likes this.
  14. Giacomino

Oct 15, 2016
    Well, it's up to you - but the cycle of practise-feedback-improvement is necessary if you're going to get better

lucky luke likes this.
  15. Mr.DagoWop

Mr.DagoWop Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jul 1, 2015
    Told y'all this mf was trolling.