My conspiracy theory on Fury - Paul

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by LeavemealoneKoooogs, Dec 3, 2021.

1. LeavemealoneKoooogs

LeavemealoneKoooogs All hail his excellency Full Member

Apr 30, 2021
    Was Tommy Fury deliberately lackluster against Anthony Taylor to secure the Paul fight?

Or is he not that good / savvy and do I need to take the tinfoil off my dome?

Discuss.

2. grantsorenson

grantsorenson Member Full Member

Jul 21, 2021
    It was a consistently sh*t performance from Tommy

3. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    Tbf it's certainly a pertinent question your asking. And tbh I think there's a good chance the answer is yes.
    I'm sure the same question would of popped up in the fury camp and my opinion of Tommys and his teams and mainly his dad john approach to Pro Boxing as a money making venture for him is that as a business plan "it made sense"

4. ashishwarrior

ashishwarrior VIP Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2010
    tommys looked shyte since fight one
    he must of played the long road of being shyte
    his crystal ball must have told him a few years back this was the destination
    gtfoh
    shyte recognizes shyte

Breazer5678 and Scissors like this.
  5. dragon666

dragon666 Active Member Full Member

Apr 28, 2021
    No. I think the guy he fought he underestimated and he was also a strong wrestler who was shorter which may have been awkward for him.

Taylor is a journeyman in mma but he's still physically strong and awkward which made it harder than anticipated for Tommy over 4 rounds. He may have stopped him if it was a 6 rounder but there shouldn't be any excuses.

I think Tommy and Jake are relatively close to the same level. We'll see i think Tommy has the better movement and can throw multiple punches at a time but does smother his work a bit.

Jake Paul i think lands punches more clearly with his style. He doesn't smother his work as much but is slower than Tommy Fury and looked tired in the Woodley fight.

If Tommy applies effective pressure early on making Paul work hard whilst landing good shots of his own i can see him winning. If Jake Paul lands a big shot and keeps his composure i could also see him winning this, too.

6. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    I want that chin tested, something tells me that Tommy is packing porcelain.

Scissors and Jurgen like this.
  7. ashishwarrior

ashishwarrior VIP Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2010
    this

8. Patter9833

Patter9833 New Member Full Member

Sep 12, 2021
    hes **** the fact that he’s fought four guys in his first 7 fights that haven’t even won a fight shows how much confidence they have in him . He’s a novice just like Paul “ fighting man “ bollocks is annoying !

Scissors likes this.
  9. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    He will probably win but wouldn’t surprise me at all if he didn’t.

I don’t think there is much in it really. Paul’s conditioning is poor, he needs to lose the puppy fat and probably cut some weight but talent wise it’s probably pretty even.

Paul probably more dedicated in the gym as well

10. ShadesOfAli

ShadesOfAli Active Member Full Member

Sep 3, 2019
    No.

Jake Paul provisionally agreed to fight Tommy Fury (providing they both won) before their last fights.

Tommy was invited over to appear on the undercard so as to help gain some exposure and subsequently sell more PPVs for when the two of them meet.

It was a 4 rounder which Tommy won easily but couldn’t put the opponent away as he seems to lack pop in his punches being stiff from all that body building.

11. Murderers' Row

Murderers' Row Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 23, 2020