My Fight

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by GPater11093, May 8, 2009.

1. amy

amy If you know what I mean Full Member

May 23, 2006
    Are you saying you don't have any?

2. GPater11093

GPater11093 Barry Full Member

Nov 10, 2008
    no, but i could do with abit more

3. RDJ

RDJ Boxing Junkie banned

Sep 27, 2005
    You got overpowered indeed, but he was sharper as well. Perhaps if you had jabbed more and with authority he would have kept some distance. I liked your footwork as well.

4. JN95

JN95 Active Member Full Member

Mar 21, 2009
    I'm liking the shorts
    cleto reyes?

5. avk47

avk47 King Full Member

Feb 3, 2005
    How much experience did he have? He was a decent boxer, pretty good inside work uppercuts etc. You had nice footwork and pretty nice straight shots but you didn't use them enough. Yes he was physically stronger and you can build up some strength, but also, you allowed him too push you back in fairly straight lines and then stood at close range with him, which is what won the bout for him.

Work on your pivoting. It works brilliantly against stronger opponents. If every time he launched his attack, you timed him and pivoted to the left or right (vary this), following it up by a long-range combination: e.g. pivot to left, jab-right-left hook- right (while moving out of range), you could have negated his strength advantage. But you have to do this very quickly. You can do different types of pivots as well. One way is a slower pivot, but it gets you in a better position to set up your punches: take a small step diagonally forward and in the direction of your pivot to get yourself more room for straight punches, and THEN pivot. The other way is simply to swivel around your hips without moving your feet much. This is much faster, but your not really in good range for anything other than the left hook (if your twisting left) or the right hook (right). But this is very fast, and works brilliantly if he pushes you onto the ropes - twist and wack him with a left hook as he comes past you using the rotation of your body.

6. TommyV

TommyV VIP Member banned

Nov 2, 2007
    You in the red Greg? No offence but you need to stop doing that Ali ****. Even the guy with the camera said 'Oh he's doing his Ali thing again' lol. That little flick lol.

Good footwork though, but you allowed him to get inside too easily and therefore you were in punching range for a lot of the fight, where he had the advantage with his short punches and more physical strength and better inside skill.

Like RD said, try and jab and keep the distance more, good straight punches though.

7. GPater11093

Nov 10, 2008
    yeh i got caught up ina fight a bit if i jabbed and straight shotted abut more i could have stopped him coming forward

the red ones cant remember what make

i thought my pivoting was good in the last round

what the camera person said that. cant of been my Dad must have been someone next to him.

the little flick was to stretch my leg abit as it was abit tight

8. TommyV

TommyV VIP Member banned

Nov 2, 2007
    I dunno I heard it though. You did that flick a couple of times don't lie! lol.

9. GPater11093

Nov 10, 2008
    i know my leg was tight

you heard taht in your head ill watch it after tea see if i hear it

what did you think was the Ali stuff i wasnt doing no shuffles

10. TommyV

TommyV VIP Member banned

Nov 2, 2007
    Skip to 5:40 that's about where it happens. And turn your speakers right up.

11. HairyHighlander

HairyHighlander BASS !! HOWLOWCANUGO ?? Full Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Nice fight, you seemed quite relaxed which is good.

You have great movement but i didnt see you move back and jab or bring him in or onto one.

Standing toe to toe, he looked quite thin as well, regarding his arms. Didnt see much on him.

That wasnt Ali shuffles, i didnt see any. I saw you kicking the heels but theres nothing wrong with that,isnt showing off, quite common to see, well i saw it a fair bit in the past.

Keep them shots straight with range and move like you did and you will be fine.

If you are cornered, dont fight him, grab and spin, step back, 1-2

Yeah its easy said sitting here i know.

Good fight :good

12. GPater11093

Nov 10, 2008
    cheers mate good advice thats what im going to be trying ot do

13. GPater11093

Nov 10, 2008
    yeh i did hear it dont think he said not the ali stuff

im pretty sure he said Ali Mayweather

14. Mr. V.I.P.

Mr. V.I.P. Boxing Addict banned

Sep 20, 2008

I am 5'9 and fight at 57kgs. Too. Where you from? How old are you?

15. GPater11093

Nov 10, 2008
    im from Scotland and im 15 you must be huge at 57