My Fight

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by GPater11093, May 8, 2009.

1. Mr. V.I.P.

Mr. V.I.P. Boxing Addict banned

Sep 20, 2008

I'm in England. 18. I am 5'9 3/4 lol. I am huge at the weight. I am considering moving down a division though. I weighed in at 55 last fight and my opponent was 58. Bullied me everywhere haha. Don't wanna bulk up to 57 either. Seems a better choice to drop a kg and be at the top of that weigh division rather than the bottom of a busy division.

2. GPater11093

GPater11093 Barry Full Member

Nov 10, 2008
    woah you must be a streak of ****

whereabout in England im up in Aberdeen

i fought at 54 and i was huge but it was too ahrd to stay at it. 57kgs is perfect for me

i was once 55kgs and had to fight somebody at 60kgs and i was the stronger man for once

3. Mr. V.I.P.

Sep 20, 2008
    Hahaha not as much as you'd think. I just have proper skinny long arms. Rest is all pretty solid. Arms are just too damn long and cant build them up much. Not that lanky just my damn arms. Perfect boxing build some would say but I'd much prefer to be set all around lol.

Blackpool mate.

I am struggling to take this last kg off. My trainer says I can just stay at 55 and ask the other coaches on fight night if they will take it. But, I need to fix my diet out and I will make it strongly I reckon.

Then its just jab, jab, jab haha. :rasta

4. GPater11093

Nov 10, 2008
    you like a Tommy Hearns build

if im ever in Blackpool ill drop you a PM

normally if you stay at 55kgs you will fight some poeple at 54 and some at the next weight but for tournaments you would have to be below 54.2KGs

5. avk47

avk47 King Full Member

Feb 3, 2005
    It was, like I said, you have good footwork, but you obviously didn't use it enough, especially early on when he managed to push you back and exchange on the inside. If he's coming at you, you can either stop him with punches or pivot out the way. Since you said he was a lot stronger, you'd need to keep pivoting every time he took a step forward and countering. But you're improving a hell of a lot since the first videos you posted :happy.

6. turpinr

turpinr Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 6, 2009
    which club are you at ,vip ??

7. Mr. V.I.P.

Sep 20, 2008

I'll pm you.

8. Mr. V.I.P.

Sep 20, 2008

Hahaha without the knockout power. Kk mate.

9. GPater11093

Nov 10, 2008
    cheers mate im more fluid since the last videos. Yeh i think ill move alot more

do you know Jeff Thomas occasionally posts he trains in Blackpool

who has the KO power of him

10. riggers

riggers Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 14, 2008
    You move nicely, could maybe not rush out with the big right as soon as the bell goes. Only criticism is when you throw the right sometimes your feet follow your body and not the other way round. That reduces your power and leaves you lunging a bit, and off balance. But thats easy to work on on the heavy bag, or better still on the pads with your trainer to comment. Good fight.

11. GPater11093

Nov 10, 2008
    chyeers mate well picked up on. I just see in Ring magazine this moth there is B-Hop explaining the lead right so i will study taht

12. MIK1000

MIK1000 Well-Known Member Full Member

May 1, 2005
    Moray Licence Trade box clever
    Morayshire Licence Trade Association was the sponsor behind a seven bout show of amateur boxing in the Eight Acres Hotel in Elgin on Friday the 8th. With former world middleweight champion Alan Minter as the principal speaker, the packed function suite had boxers and entertainment from all parts of the Northern District of ABS.
    Jamie Smith of Granite City ABC won a unanimous points decision over William Stuart of Deveron ABC in the show opener, and although he jabbed well enough and was reasonably accurate he can count himself a bit lucky as the Banff boxer did enough on my scoring to have edged it.
    Ewan MacLeod of Elgin ABC started at great speed against Greg Paterson of Peterhead ABC, however Paterson gave as good as he got in a fairly even bout, until the final round when MacLeod began to put on the gas to gain a points decision.
    The bragging right in Elgin ABC was the only thing at stake in an exhibition bout between Connor Gray and Marcus Reaich both from the same club. Reaich seemed a bit of a showman and in truth probably too much so. Gray was boxing and looked the better for it.
    Fort William Lochaber Phoenix ABC’s Stephen Cameron came unstuck with his unbeaten run, when Arron Medder of Granite City ABC used basic but effective boxing skills to score enough points from the judges for a majority decision.
    Eddie Lopez of Lochaber Phoenix ABC used his age and strength to blitz Ryan Watt of Inverness City ABC into a stoppage by RSC in the opening round of their bout, referee Norman Watt having given Watt a standing count earlier in the round saw enough towards the end of the opener to call a halt to the bout.
    Steven McAllister of Granite City ABC motored through the gears to force another stoppage, this time against Paul MacKenzie of Elgin ABC. Despite the vocal support for MacKenzie, the Granite City boxer (who won Alan Minter’s vote for best boxer) showed all his technique in dismantling the Elgin mans resistance.
    Southpaw Greg Mackie of Granite City ABC proved awkward as an opponent for Ross McPherson of Lochside ABC, but McPherson just had the better boxing skills and picked up a majority decision in the final bout of boxing.

just found this report mate on this forum ; http://www.warriorboxing.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=27228

he said it might be going in the "evening express and the boxing news"

13. GPater11093

Nov 10, 2008
    i think its the wrong way round, you couldnt ask him to change it as i always finish on top. MaCleod turned on the pressure in the first round glad to hear he thought it was even though and if he disagrees with him finishing strong show him the tape on Youtube. Cheers for the find though

14. HairyHighlander

HairyHighlander BASS !! HOWLOWCANUGO ?? Full Member

Nov 4, 2007

" you couldnt ask him to change it "

:lol:

No matter mun, think about your next one :good

15. GPater11093

Nov 10, 2008
    i knwo but i dont want people thinking i gassed out or nothing i was fitter than the guy but i didnt use it