My Top 10 Fights of the Decade

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by D-MAC, Dec 19, 2009.

1. theuppercut

theuppercut Blackpudding supper Full Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Trinidad v Vargas is one of my favourites. Any of you seen Rogers Mtagwa v Tomas Villa? Helluva fight.

2. theuppercut

theuppercut Blackpudding supper Full Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Cotto v Judah. It might not be a top ten fight but what an event and what a fight.

3. cubex

cubex Boxing Addict banned

Sep 12, 2009
    Golota vs Mollo was a hell of a entertaining fight.

Mollo's stamina was comiclally terrible not even mentioning his skills.He was huffing bad after half a round from the 6th onwards.

At one point ref Randy Neumann broke them up and Mollo fell into the ropes to which Kellerman said:''Neumann almost knocked him out!''

4. Addie

Addie Myung Woo Yuh! Full Member

Jun 14, 2006
    Marco Antonio Barrera vs Erik Morales I is the greatest fight I've ever seen so that would be my number 1 choice, with Jose Luis Castillo vs Diego Corrales I coming in at second.

5. KERRZO

KERRZO Glass Jaw Full Member

Mar 25, 2009
    I loved Cotto v Margo and Marquez v Diaz but my pick for the decade has to be Corrales v Castillo I.

6. Carnage

Carnage KingFroch Full Member

Jan 9, 2009
    I'd have Vazquez-Marques III at one, probably the best fight I've ever seen, in maybe the greatest triology ever seen, but its a solid list, not really arguing with your no.1! This yr has been a bit off with outstanding fights though.

7. Losfer_Words

Losfer_Words Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 30, 2009
    Does anyone else think that Barrera-JMM is the most underrated fight of this decade?

Subak likes this.
  8. Peterosario4@gmail

Peterosario4@gmail New Member Full Member

Sep 4, 2016
    Juan Manuel Marquez vs katsadis also Marquez vs jaca also from Filipino great fights

Badgeronimous likes this.
  9. stittyb

stittyb Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 9, 2008
    JMM vs Diaz was a barnstormer too. Great fight.

10. bbjc

bbjc Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 25, 2012
    Castillo v corralles number one for me. Two guys that left it all in the ring. Corralles cheated but in the end both we re winners that night. Unbelievable stuff.

The best thing about it was caught the fight live by chance flicking through the channels. Picked it up from the first round on. Still feel gutted i missed some of the first round.

11. Champagne Popping

Champagne Popping The TRUTH is the TRUTH banned Full Member

Dec 15, 2016
    1. I am the only person who thinks Corrales-Castillo is a very overrated fight! Because there was so much holding in the fight!
    I remember sitting down to watch it really excited because I'd heard about this great fight.... but was disapointed because of the huge amount of holding which I hate... I was never a fan of Ricky Hatton for example. Ive never given the fight a 2nd watch

If we're talking about the 00's.. Calzaghe-Kessler inmediately springs to my mind.. and Miguel Cotto was in quite a few great fights vs Margarito, Judah, Torres. The Gatti-Ward trilogy. Froch vs Taylor and Pascal. And any Jamie Moore fight! :)