My top 15 Greatest MMA Heavyweights of all time

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by Moggy94, Jan 26, 2022.

1. Moggy94

Moggy94 Active Member Full Member

Mar 25, 2021
    Ranked, I was meant to swap 9 and 10. What are the problems do you see with it?

2. Moonlight

Moonlight Walking in the moonlight... lonely.. as always.. Full Member

Nov 12, 2021
    Cain and DC are definitely top 5. DC is top 3 in my list. I think these duo are only fighters who could beat Fedor prime vs prime. Cain has the best stamina/cardio ever p4p. DC has the best wrestling+boxing combination ever in HW division.

Other problem is Overeem. Overeem should be higher. He has tons of losses but also has tons of great wins. He had the best kickboxing skills for years in MMA. He beat the crap out of Lesnar in minutes.

3. Moggy94

Moggy94 Active Member Full Member

Mar 25, 2021
    DC did not stay at heavyweight long enough to be ranked higher for me. His wins over Barnett, Stipe, Silva and Lewis are good but that's all that's worth mentioning and there was his poor performance against Frank Mir where he showed how awkward he reacts against kicks, he wasted too much of his time at light heavyweight where he was never able to be the best but is definitely top 5.

Cain Velasquez could of been the greatest but injuries, layoffs and fighting the same two people five times in a row didn't help when his career didn't last long. I did mention in another thread that his performances in the second Dos Santos fight and first Silva fight are two of the best heavyweight performances ever. H2H I believe Cain beats Barnett, Ngannou, Cro Cop and possibly Fedor but they have more complete resumes and longevity.

As for Overeem, I believe none of the guys listed could of beaten Overeem in a kickboxing match except possibly Cro Cop but the problem is Overeem had way too many losses to guys who he should have beaten. Realistically Overeem should not have lost to Browne, Rothwell, Silva etc I don't think Overeem could of beaten anyone I ranked ahead of him other than Dos Santos which he did.

H2H I believe Fedor, Velasquez, Ngannou and Dos Santos are the best heavyweight ever in their primes. H2H I don't think Stipe can beat any of them at their best other than potentially Dos Santos and I don't think Stipe would of beat Cro Cop or possibly Nogueira but Stipe did accomplish more than any other heavyweight could in UFC.