My Top 30 Pound For Pound Rankings.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by CST80, Aug 15, 2019.

1. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Because overall his record is slightly more impressive.

2. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Not judging. Much.
    How is it better than Warrington's? He has 3 wins over elite guys, Wilder hasn't got one.

sid likes this.
  3. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    You still got it out for the guy? Voice cracker is a hell of a fighter. Gives it all in the ring. Plus an undefeated 3 weight world champion. You gotta add him man.

roughdiamond likes this.
  4. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
    So @CST80 you're just gonna pretend Joe pigford isn't alive now?

CST80 likes this.
  5. CST80

Nov 23, 2013
    Yeah, it is actually.

I rate Wilder's wins over Ortiz, Duhaupas, Stivernex2, Arreola, Szpilka, Washington, Breazeale who are all solid B to C guys and his draw with Fury as slightly better than Selby, and Galahad who I only view as only a B & C level guys, also I love Frampton, but he has seen better days. Not to mention I still haven't forgotten how average Josh looked against Kid an Kiko, which I hold against him. It's one thing to struggle against Fury, and still nearly KO him, but to struggle against those two, that's troubling.

As far as Briedis goes, Glowacki, Durodola, Perez, Huck and Charr are all great scalps. But he did lose to Usyk, and looked like absolute ass against Deslaurier and should have lost to Gevor. He looked fully recovered for the Glowacki match, he'll leapfrog over Wilder and Fury when and if he beats Dorticos.

As far as Taylor goes, his two best wins are Postol and Baranchyk, I don't rate Martin and in retrospect Davies. Hell the Vazquez win is aging better than his win over Ohara quite frankly, since Miguel just got robbed against him. All very good wins and one more, Josh moves far higher.

6. CST80

Nov 23, 2013
    :qmeparto: I had to drop him due to inactivity. :sisi1

lepinthehood likes this.
  7. CST80

Nov 23, 2013
    Yeah, a little bit.:D But you also summed up perfectly why I don't rate him higher. He's in wars, which far too often are close and go the distance, and Ken Shiro has gotten into a groove where he's been dispatching genuinely tough as nails guys like he's a trained assassin.

8. Nonito Smoak

Nonito Smoak Ioka>Lomo, sorry my dudes Full Member

Sep 8, 2010
    He has them. Two consensus #1 ranked fighters. Just because you didn't know who they were...

9. sid

sid Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2013
    1. Inoue/Loma/Usyk for me are out on there own in p4p.
    Pacman is a ATG but I feel Spence is the best @ WW.
    Crawford takes soft fights & I think Taylor would do him in.
    BJS rates high when will the other 2 fight him? could be never.

10. theanatolian

theanatolian Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 2, 2015
    1a)Lomachenko
    1b)Crawford
    3)Usyk
    4)Inoue
    5)Canelo
    6)Golovkin
    7)Estrada
    8)Pacquaio
    9)Spence
    10)Gvodzyk

11. sid

Nov 2, 2013
    Can I ask what more Crawford has done over Inoue & Usyk to be ranked so high btw he just faced Khan.
    Spence would beat Crawford maybe even stop him.

George Crowcroft likes this.
  12. theanatolian

May 2, 2015
    P4P rankings are subjective. Crawford cleaned out 2 divisions and beat a guy who has a win over Manny Pacquaio in his 3rd division. (Even though I thought Pac edged it, It was still a razor close fight, and Pac is in majority’s p4p top10) Lomachenko and Crawford are clear cut 2 best fighters in the world in my view.

Crawford just faced Khan, Spence just faced Mickey Garcia. I don’t think Spence would beat Crawford, and I’m not sure if Spence himself does either. He prefers to take the easier route. (His words, not mine.)

13. sid

Nov 2, 2013
    I can not agree on Crawford where many have him,but hay we all have our views with p4p.
    Inoue/Usyk have faced much stronger boxes than Crawford & Spence has faced as good as Crawford.
    I'd love to see Crawford v Spence & Taylor I think both beat Crawford to be p4p best you got to beat the best.

14. theanatolian

May 2, 2015
    Aside from Golovkin and Canelo, none of the other top p4p fighters have beat another top fighter in close to their opponents primes and in their prime weight classes.

Lomachenko’s domination over Rigondeaux gives him a slight edge over Crawford, but there’s nothing else to seperate them other than that.

Usyk and Inoue have a couple of better wins, but Crawford’s consistency, longevity and him cleaning out 2 divisions in absouletly dominating fashion puts him ahead of both of them in my view. (The same reason why Wlad was rated high in p4p rankings before his loss to Fury, and rightly so.) If Usyk beats Fury, Wilder, Joshua or Ruiz he’ll be #1, and had Inoue beaten Estrada or Rungvisai @ 115 or if he cleans out 118, he’ll have a case.

Agreed that you have to beat the best to be the best, which is why Crawford has been calling out Spence. But Spence has been only making excuses for it to not happen so far. And based on what I’ve seen from Taylor so far(especially against their mutual opponent Postol), Bud would do a number on him.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
  15. sid

Nov 2, 2013
    Estrada or Rungvisai are lucky the Inoue moved up above,both would have been wiped out.Golovkin and Canelo are way ahead of Bud in p4p,Crawford today will only fight soft boxers to many want the Zero on the record,fighters that do this must be taken off the p4p or step up.
    What Usyk did @ CW was better than what Bud has done.

George Crowcroft likes this.