My view on Mikey vs Loma has changed.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by ellerbe, Dec 11, 2018.

1. ellerbe

ellerbe It’s a Tank world Full Member

Jul 25, 2014
    I overrated Loma. This fight is much closer than I thought it would be. Hard fight to call, unfortunately we probably won't see it.

22JM and Willie Maeket like this.
  2. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    mikey under 10 rds. i know you will remember this prediction, and when it pays off with the book, you will kick yourself for not acting on the tip.

Staminakills, 22JM, elmaldito and 2 others like this.
  3. ellerbe

ellerbe It’s a Tank world Full Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Fight won't happen. But I severely overrated Loma. I thought he was this special talent that could transcend weight classes. We were too spoiled by Mayweather and Pacquiao. Loma is not on that level.

Staminakills, The Ogdoad and Manfred like this.
  4. bandeedo

Feb 19, 2007
    i doubt it happens also, his injury came at a bad time, now i dont think mikey will be back. i think loma has better offence than floyd and about equal defense to pac, but he doesnt have the strength and power to impose himself on guys much bigger than him or the defense and durability to keep from getting hurt by heavy handed guys above 135.
    maybe spence bounces mikey around the ring and he comes back to 135 with his tail between his legs. thats the only scenario where i see the loma fight getting made.

Ph33rknot and kriszhao like this.
  5. Dario Argento

Dario Argento The exotic Waitress banned Full Member

Nov 4, 2018
    Loma came back from shoulder surgery.

6. Cafe

Cafe Sitzpinkler Full Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Loma's defense is better than Pacs. I think Pac is a better fighter as he's physically more gifted but technically, Loma is better.

7. Aleks!

Aleks! Member Full Member

Mar 21, 2018
    Anyone who cares about this comment has even bigger issues than the sad sack OP.

lighteningjab and Gil Gonzalez like this.
  8. Barrera

Barrera Defeated Boxing_master Full Member

Jul 13, 2012
    I think the diff here is because of lomas huge amateur career taking up alot of his "prime years" he is trying to what floyd and pac did in a shorter time period.

Floyd and pac were still kids when they turned pro and were still growing, they moved up naturally, i think loma is forcing himself into higher divisions to chase bigger fights etc.

9. bandeedo

Feb 19, 2007
    i dont know about that, i see loma getting hit quite regularly, relatively speaking, of course its not cool to mention that when there are threads praising his elusiveness, but i see what i see. both are come forward fighters that take shots doing what they do, but i dont see pac getting knotted up like that vs a pedraza, or knocked on his ass by linares. oh, and i saw the fights, no need for someone jumping in to explain the situations.

10. bandeedo

Feb 19, 2007
    why taking it so personal? its just boxing. or is he a sad sack due to prior transgressions?

Ph33rknot and dinovelvet like this.
  11. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    What are you basing that on? Dominating and almost stopping a guy, that schooled Beltran as effectively as Terrence Crawford. Pedraza is a master boxer, with one of the more impressive resumes from 130-135. And that was a Loma that was safety first since he was coming off of an injury, that only left 1st gear once and knocked the living dog**** out of Pedraza when he did.

12. Cafe

Sep 2, 2011
    Because Pac is a freak athlete, as is Floyd. Loma has to dissect Pedraza's game on a technical level and win pretty much purely on smarts. When you have a huge advantage over pretty much any fighter in speed and power, you don't have to be that technically great to dominate them or even not get hit much at all. Look at RJJ, in some fights he'd go rounds without getting hit once, was he a defensive wizard? No. But just him being so much athletically superior to his opponents, makes it 10x times easier for him to be in control of the fight.

13. Cafe

Sep 2, 2011
    Pedraza is an underrated fighter, I knew he'd be a difficult opponent for Loma ever since he popped onto the scene (like 2 years before Davis). His bad showing in that fight is now making people think he's some kind of bum when he's actually a very talented guy.

And out of all the fights Loma's been in, this is probably the only one where I was a bit scared going in.

CST80 likes this.
  14. CST80

Nov 23, 2013
    Robert Easter went life and death with Commey, Shafikov and debatably lost to Fortuna, the same Fortuna that was brutally KO'd by Sosa, that Loma beat into submission. Now Mikey dropped anywhere from 2 to 4 rounds to this gangly bum Easter, who was taller, rangier and had a longer reach than Mikey. Where's all the... But.. but... but... I think Mikey might be overrated threads? And was after Mikey'd went life and death with Lipinets, who barely beat Erick Bone in his next outing.

15. CST80

Nov 23, 2013
    Exactly, I even said so in a post on one of El Chicano's threads bashing this fight, arguing how solid an opponent Pedraza really was.