Myke Tyson vs Tommy "Hitman" Hearns catchweight 200 .. who wins?

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by PunchOut, Aug 26, 2009.

1. PunchOut

PunchOut Active Member Full Member

Apr 26, 2009
    i remember that after Tyson get Ko`d by Douglas, The Hitman said in an interview that he wants a part of Tyson at catchweight of 200 lbs .... that year was 1991 ... Who would win that match???

I think Tyson by anhilation

Richard M Murrieta likes this.
  2. BENNY BLANCO

BENNY BLANCO R.I.P. Brooklyn1550 Full Member

Mar 8, 2008
    A former welterweight with a shaky chin up against Tyson does'nt bode well for the former welterweight with the shaky chin.

3. Flea Man

Flea Man มวยสากล Full Member

Sep 7, 2008
  4. josak

josak Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 4, 2007
    Hearns must of been on drugs.

5. rusty nails

rusty nails Tszyu for PM!! Full Member

Jun 20, 2008
    the question is could tyson even make that weight? he hadnt weighed that light since he was thirteen..

6. TheGreatA

TheGreatA Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 4, 2009
    Hearns by TKO at the weigh-ins.

LoadedGlove and Jackomano like this.
  7. Jaws

Jaws Active Member Full Member

Mar 13, 2009
    I don't think it's possible for Tyson to weight 200 pounds. It took everything he had to make his usual fighting weight of 217, as his walkaround weight is 240-250.

But lets say he does---I couldn't think of a worse possible style matchup for Hearns. Hearns had a suspect chin, and had trouble stopping someone once they got inside on him.

Tyson KO in 90 seconds or less.

8. kidargentine

kidargentine Member Full Member

Aug 13, 2009
    Tyson will find a way in, and penetrate Hearns troublesome chin. KO RD 3 or 4.

9. he grant

he grant Historian/Film Maker Full Member

Jul 15, 2008
    It would make the Marvis Frazier fight look like Sullivan - Kilran ..

10. mgdb26

mgdb26 Boxing Addict Full Member

May 11, 2009
    since when is Mike spelled with a 'y'?

11. SpanishArcher

SpanishArcher Knockout Artist Full Member

Jul 9, 2009
  12. janitor

janitor VIP Member Full Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Interesting possibility.

I don't think that it is beyond reason to think that Tyson could have sweated down to 200 for the weigh in and fought at 215 lbs. A lot of cruiserweights today do it.

Obviously we all know how this fight is going to end but I happen to think that Tommy Hearns could have had some success at heavyweight. Had he fought before the introduction of the cruiserweight division I am certain that he would have fought at heavyweight.

13. essexboy

essexboy The Cat Full Member

Jul 12, 2009
    Tyson very early maybe round 1.

14. Shake

Shake Boxing Addict Full Member

May 4, 2007
    Hearns would start off circling Tyson, keeping him at bay with the jab. Tyson would have to employ the best head-movement of his career if he is to dodge that laser-right hand that felled men with better chins than him, such as Roberto Duran.

If he can fight a disciplined fight, with Kevin Rooney back at his side, Tyson may just have a punchers chance.

15. PbP Bacon

PbP Bacon ALL TIME FAT Full Member

Jun 9, 2009
    I love Tommy, but frankly I can't see how he could survive a prime Tyson (if Tyson manages to make 200 pds).

Simply put: prime Tyson is a Hagler on steroids :scaredas:

He would swarm Tommy from the first round on with devastating body blows, and, on the other side, Tyson's peekaboo smartness would make him an elusive target. If Tommy chooses to brawl the fight is over in seconds. Tyson would demolish Tommy even faster than Hagler did.

As mentioned in a post above: only way that Tommy can leave the ring alive is by fighting a very smart and disciplined fight: no brawling, keep his distance and stayy out of range, move around, don't be an easy target, sharpshoot Tyson non-stop... and pray.

If Tommy manages to survive the first 6 rounds, he has a chance to go the distance and leave the ring on his feet. Sure, Tonny would lose all the same by UD, but at least he wouldn't need reconstructive surgery :!: