Myths of Todays Fighters an Fights

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Danny Ocean, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Danny Ocean

Danny Ocean My nAmE IS MoNeY Full Member

Jun 19, 2007
    ok so on these boards there a few things that people say about certain fights and fighters and here are some of them

Calzaghe is a slapper - If joe calzaghe was a slapper he wouldnt have stopped over 30guys

Taylor is a lucky champion who gets the benefit of the doubt in every close fight - WRONG - tAYLOR HAD 2 VERY VERY CLOSE FIGHTS WITH MY 2ND FAVE FIGHTER EVER HOPKINS AND also a very good fight eith winky which again was close

taylor didnt convincingly win or lose any of them fights

mAYWEATHER IS A RUNNER- this is the most absurd thing said on these boards, floyd didnt run from oscar who was the biggest puncher he ever fought

winky is borinng- i can name 8 or 9 exciting winky fights that half the so called fans on this site have never even seen

anymore you can think of

2. Relentless

Relentless VIP Member banned

Mar 5, 2006
    8 or 9 exciting winky fights out of the 55 fights he has had? woah he is exciting!

3. Relentless

Relentless VIP Member banned

Mar 5, 2006
    and what people mean by calzaghe is a slapper is that he throws hooks from the inside of his gloves.

4. Thread Stealer

Thread Stealer VIP Member Full Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Calzaghe does his share of slapping with shots. But he has a very good workrate, and I think he's pretty heavy-handed, so even if he slaps, he still does his share of damage.

When you have 3 or 4 fights that are very close and could go either way, and you win all but one of them and the other is a draw, then that's getting the benefit of the doubt.

Those weren't Escalera-Everett, Nelson-Fenech I type fights, but he has gotten the benefit of the doubt from the judges in those close fights.

Mayweather just adapts and changes his style based on his opponent or the situation at hand. People just have short memories. The Baldomir fight was his first real boring one in 3-4 years.

Winky gets a bad rap. He's no Saad, but he isn't Cory Stinks or Zahir Raheem either.

He stays in the pocket quite a bad and trades shots and has a high workrate. He's just not a big puncher and blocks well, but for the most part in the last couple years, his fights aren't really bad.

5. David UK

David UK Boxing Addict banned

Feb 6, 2007
    Calzaghe throws massive combinations, the first half dozen of so will often just be slapping type punches in order to open his opponent up for heavier,more correctly delivered shots. See Lacy fight for prime examples