Name a fighter you can bet on to be clean

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by bachatu, Sep 28, 2007.

1. bachatu

bachatu Pro Full Member

Feb 25, 2006
    Name a fighter you strongly believe that never used Roids or illegal substances in their entire career and give your opinion why. Was it their phsyique that led you to believe this?... or maybe you think they were too talented naturally to need them or what...

This excludes fighters pre 1960s. I would encourage to using fighters 80s til current to make this thread a bit more entertaining since we know illegal substances have been known to be used more recently, especially since the 1990s.

----
    For me, first boxers that come to mind are...

Mayweather Jr - His skills and potential was obvious from when he was still very young... he hasnt changed much. His conditioning comes from hard training and genetics. His strenght appears to be average in his natural weight class.

De la hoya - His decline has been very natural. He was much faster and successful at lower weight when he was more active in boxing & when he was the bigger man, and he has declined as he has fought less and less & as he has aged.

2. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Hopkins-gym rat who keeps himself in shape year round

3. bachatu

bachatu Pro Full Member

Feb 25, 2006
    not bad...

4. brooklyn1550

brooklyn1550 Roberto Duran Full Member

Mar 4, 2006
    Beat me to it

5. jonesjrp4p1

jonesjrp4p1 16 yr old prodigy Full Member

Mar 31, 2007
    toney......wait a minute

6. Rickypr18

Rickypr18 Active Member Full Member

Jun 21, 2006
  7. Jazzo

Jazzo Non-Facebook Fag Full Member

Feb 5, 2006
    Butterbean.

I find it odd that somebody as small as a non-heavyweight would take anabolic steroids. It could push them over their weight limit.

8. brooklyn1550

Mar 4, 2006
    Steroids could also help them to reach another weight class

9. Guido

Guido ESB Addict Full Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Mayweather Jr., Hopkins, Calzaghe, and either/both of the Marquez bros.

None of these guys need an extra "edge" to get their wins -- they're skill-set says to me that they don't need it.

10. Orishaman

Orishaman I tell it like it is.... Full Member

Aug 5, 2004
    Now a days, it is impossible to point out a boxer or an ahtlete and say: He is clean...hell to much money involved....the temptations are incredible, every one wants an edge to get them to the top, and break the bank.....

The ones that come to mind are the smaller weight classes.... since they have to stay in shape to make weight at the smaller weight classes..Calderon, Solis , Mijares, Donaire, Darchynian....up to about the Marquez and Vazquez...from there on you don' know..the margin increases for potential enhancements...

11. The Whaler

The Whaler My dog be thorough. Full Member

Aug 3, 2006
    I doubt any strawweights use performance enhancers.

Has any strawweight been caught doping?

12. brooklyn1550

Mar 4, 2006
    Ivan Calderon - 5-0, 108

13. Illstate

Illstate Active Member Full Member

Jun 22, 2006
    I would assume that any fighter that hasn't tested possitive is clean.
    I would bet on any of them that has never tested possitive. Until evidence show that HGH or steroid use is in fact wide spread in boxing.

14. bill poster

bill poster Guest

Do you use that same yardstick for pro cyclists or atheletics????:huh

15. Orishaman

Orishaman I tell it like it is.... Full Member

Aug 5, 2004
    I will venture to say that less that 40% of todays athletes are clean...and 40% might be to big.......it might be 25%...at this point...Money Money Money..that's what doping will bring and that's why the labs get clever and clever disguising the dope....