Naoya Inoue vs. Luis Esteban Neri Hernández

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IntentionalButt, Mar 4, 2024.

"El Monstruo de Japón/The 1.65m Godzilla/怪物 (Kaibutsu/Monster)" or "La Pantera"?

Poll closed May 6, 2024.
  1. Inoue on points

1.3%
  2. Inoue by stoppage

88.3%
  3. Draw

1.3%
  4. Neri on points

1.3%
  5. Neri by stoppage

7.8%
  1. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Date and venue now officially, but only reported so far in the Japanese boxing media.

May sixth at Tokyo Dome. The first championship boxing match there since the legendary Tyson vs. Douglas upset in 1990!

Inoue will defend the IBF and WBA super bantamweight titles each for the first time, and the WBO and WBC titles for the second time.

His southpaw Mexican challenger previously held the latter green belt in 2020 but since losing it to Brandon Figueroa the following year is just 2-0 at the weight. (making one jaunt all the way up to super feather, and trying for the bantam limit against Froilan Saludar but coming in a pound overweight)

Boxed Ears, Rumsfeld and Robney like this.
  2. Djokovic.GOAT

Djokovic.GOAT Member banned Full Member

Sep 5, 2023
    One nice liver shot from Monster and mexican tough boy falls on his knees.

All Heil to big Kaiser Nayoa..... To p4p king of the world.

Robney and IntentionalButt like this.
  3. Robotman9000

Robotman9000 New Member Full Member

Dec 5, 2023
    One really nice thing about Inoue is that he consistently fights who he should. I don't think there's anyone else in the world you can say that about.

4. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Inoue is going to wreck him.

lt. columbo likes this.
  5. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    He won't need 5 minutes alone with Nery. Godzilla's vulgar display of power will be so ****ing hostile that Nery will feel like he's being sent crashing through the cemetery gates, slaughtered with a primal concrete sledge. When Inoue let's his war nerve break, the domination of Nery will taken to a new level, Inoue will show strength beyond strength, the art of shredding on display with be so goddamn electric that will cause Nery to start shedding skin, leaving a message in blood scrawled from the ring to locker room, stating in no uncertain terms.... I'm broken.:sisi1

6. Djokovic.GOAT

Djokovic.GOAT Member banned Full Member

Sep 5, 2023
    Listen, Joshua does..... Its more a problem of duckers like Fury, Wilder that fights are not made. Joshua Always tried his best. His resume is deep in nowadays HW standards.

But please, don't get me wrong ... Inoue is a better boxer, better results...but Joshua tries to challenge himself constantly.

I believe that AJ Will fight Hrgo, Zhang and Parker again before he ends his career.

7. TipNom

TipNom Active Member Full Member

Jun 19, 2019
    Accidentally voted draw lol. Inoue by brutal KO

8. The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper Well-Known Member Full Member

May 9, 2023
  9. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Luis Nery is simply the next sacrifice to be made to the alter of the Monster. It will be short, violent and will end in Nery taking the 10 count on his knees, likely from a body shot.

Should be fun while it lasts as no doubt Nery will show up and take it to the Monster but we all know it only ends one way.

10. lufcrazy

lufcrazy requiescat in pace Full Member

Sep 15, 2009
    I have a funny feeling Nery takes Inoue out here.

And as I've always said on this site, when I have a funny feeling about an underdog, you should probably sit up and take notice.

Carinito and Chuck Norris like this.
  11. Robotman9000

Robotman9000 New Member Full Member

Dec 5, 2023
    He's coming off Wallin and Franklin, and he's about to fight Ngannou. Meh. He should have fought Zhang or Hrgo.

12. Carinito

Carinito Member Full Member

Sep 28, 2023
    Nery catches Inoue in the 6th round.

13. peter_uk

peter_uk Active Member Full Member

Sep 11, 2022
    Inoue will slaughter him; I hope Yamanaka is in the audience to watch justice be served.

14. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Inoue is going to summon his inner Ivan Drago and brutalize Nery. Yamanaka shall be avenged.

15. RJJFan

RJJFan Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Sep 5, 2010
    I do agree, Nery is being underrated here. I think Inoue wins but it won't be a cakewalk.