Naseem Hamed Comeback?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by rayrayv123, Aug 31, 2007.

1. rayrayv123

rayrayv123 Active Member Full Member

Oct 30, 2006
    I heard a rumor a few months back that he was going to fight again...anyone have any news on that? I'm not a huge Hamed fan,but he was always interesting to watch.

2. GARCIA

GARCIA New Member Full Member

Mar 20, 2005
    I Sure Hope Not

3. doublesuited

doublesuited Taylor TKO2 Pavlik Full Member

Sep 15, 2005
    I want to see Hamed/Mayweather.

Naz will be a 2 division champion.

4. DanePugilist

DanePugilist God vs God - Death Angel Full Member

Oct 14, 2006
    I heard the rumour also on here, but don't know if it holds water. He won't be a top competitor, thats for sure, its not like riding a bike.

5. rayrayv123

rayrayv123 Active Member Full Member

Oct 30, 2006
    Right...I agree.I saw the pictures of him when he went to jail for that car accident and he looked really overweight......like Vargas Fat!!! :lol:

6. C Money

C Money Paul McCloskey Full Member

Feb 8, 2007
    If we had $5 for every Naz is coming back RUMOR?? We'd have a few grand right now:good

Hamed quit when he did because he didnt want to embarrass himself further or add more tarnish to his record. He would have gotten destroyed vs the Elite then as MAB illustrated. Hamed barely beat Calvo in his last fight and looked like stir fried dog****, he isnt coming back!!

7. DanePugilist

Oct 14, 2006
    Fat can be burned - but the layoff has been too long to compete at top lvl.

I am still hoping for a Vargas miracle though - call me deluded if you will:lol:

8. DanePugilist

Oct 14, 2006
    I still remember, when MAB met him. I sat and cheered like crazy for him to humiliate Hamed. Today I am just slightly ashamed of my behaviour, because I guess he was just trapped in an act of arrogant image..

9. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 7, 2007
    he's had as many comeback rumors as me winning the 999,999th visitor award in some ****ing websites.:!:

10. C Money

Feb 8, 2007
    I suppose you're a better man than I:D I still remember it FONDLY!!
    I would like to see the toad come back and take a far worse beating after the years of rust, fat, and inebriation have only made him WORSE:good

I always hated the ignorance, arrogance, and blatant disrespect for the game that Hamed displayed. He continued to carry himself in the same manner outside the ring and has done himself no credit in that regard either.

11. DanePugilist

Oct 14, 2006
    :happy - Can't say I am better, I was just having a weak moment, when I posted that. Long time since I felt that good, as I did then.

And I agree on the ignorance, arrogance disrespectful manner he carried. Much the same reason why I dislike PBF. Hamed passed on the torch to Cryweather.

12. elTerrible

elTerrible TeamElite General Manager Full Member

May 24, 2006
    Isnt he in jail, or did he get out by now?

It had something to do with racing his car, crashing and leaving the accident or something like that.

13. C Money

Feb 8, 2007
    One major difference??

Floyd actually has TALENT AND SKILL!!! I hate the way he cherry picks but even if Floyd loses?? he wont get thoroughly outclassed in the skill department. Hamed simply had a PUNCH and an unrothodox style. It worked until he got to the elite level and was then exposed.

Hamed looked like an amateur vs a Champ vs MAB and it would have been the same with EM, MP, JMM etc:good

14. DanePugilist

Oct 14, 2006
    True, but he is still an arrogant mofo, even if it is an act.

Hamed looked fairly bad versus MAB, but since he never redeemed his performance, we will never know if he could learn from the lesson, or if he could adjust to the higher level. Since its unproven otherwise, I guess you are correct.

15. C Money

Feb 8, 2007
    My theory at least!! Based on the reality of the MAB fight and the fact that he looked like dog**** vs Calvo and then disappeared.

Yes, Floyd;s arrogant and i hate that about him as well. Yet, PBF has 20 times the skill level of Hamed. Floyd could well lose but he wouldnt lose in the fashion that Naz did, ever.