Naseem Hamed "I'D BEAT WARRINGTON & FRAMPTON ON THE SAME NIGHT!"

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Marcus Gill, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Marcus Gill

Marcus Gill New Member Full Member

Nov 13, 2018
    This content is protected

What are your thoughts on this?, do you agree with what naseem is saying?

2. big moose

big moose Active Member Full Member

May 16, 2010
    Judging by his present shape, I reckon he could eat them both on the same night.

hitandhope, rayrobinson, DON1 and 7 others like this.
  3. caligula4

caligula4 Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Beat me to it, although I was going to say 2 vs 1 pie eating contest...

Suspect.chin likes this.
  4. Patter983

Patter983 Active Member Full Member

Jul 20, 2018
    In his prime he would beat both maybe not the same night though!

5. GTFUP

GTFUP Active Member Full Member

Dec 12, 2015
    In his prime he would probably have beaten either one but he actually said he is as big as both of them Not beat both of them, he was misquoted cos of his lisp thing!!

6. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    Tbh Carl in his prime @122 would beat Naz

Brixton Bomber likes this.
  7. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Imagine he'd be favourite but not by the margin that Naz seems to think

DON1 likes this.
  8. emallini

emallini Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Mar 16, 2008
    Frampton would give him issues with his slick skills and IQ but have favour Naz

9. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Warrington KO early and Frampton KO late, and if Warrington is first up in the schedule then yes Naz beats both in the same night.

Naseem's full career is insanely good, and he beat the living daylights out of this level of opp.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
    Sonny1 likes this.
  10. Momus

Momus Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 27, 2010
    Warrington would be made to order for Hamed. He wouldn't have the punch to deter Hamed, and with a guy like Naz you really needed to get his respect. A prime example was the Bungu fight, who was on paper one of his most accomplised opponents; Bungu caught him flush early on, and you could see that Hamed knew from there on that he had nothing to worry about and could just walk through him.

Frampton is a different animal, at least at his best. He would come in with a gameplan, and would have the skills (and power) to ask Hamed some questions. I think his issue would be that his height and reach would be similar to Hamed's. The problems Naz had with the likes of Kelley and Medina was that they were moving targets who had plenty of reach on him; Hamed could be clumsy coming forward, and he had numerous technical flaws that his reflexes and power tended to override. If Hamed was able to land at range and dictate the pace, there are very few featherweights going to get the better of him. The effective style was to make him lunge and then counter, which most of the guys who were successful against him managed to do well. I'm not sure Frampton would be able to pull that off.

Holler likes this.
  11. Sonny1

Sonny1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 11, 2013
    Maybe? He would have destroyed both you wally.

Contro likes this.
  12. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    Your not sure Frampton could take a small step back and counter?

13. Momus

Momus Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 27, 2010
    Hamed’s listed reach is 64’’. Frampton’s is 62’’. Naz wouldn’t have to lunge in like he did against Kelley or Medina. He can fight Frampton at range.

If Hamed can control distance with his jab and pick his shots, he’s a nightmarish prospect for any featherweight.

im sparticus likes this.
  14. DON1

DON1 ICEMAN Full Member

Apr 6, 2006
    He achieved a lot in his career, really did. Took the sport by storm no doubt about that, but comes across a real tool. He would probably have beaten both but Frampton would be no walkover. Certainly, wouldn't beat them on the same night. I stop listening to this dude after he ran away from the sport after Marco pulled his pants down.

15. Optimus Grime

Optimus Grime Member Full Member

Feb 12, 2014
    Naz was one of the boxers that got me into the sport as a kid but in reality, him vs Carl would be close id day Carl would take a points win. Let’s not forget for all of what Naz achieved he will he seen as the biggest waste of talent and major disappointment in British boxing.