Nat Fleisher's Top 10 Heavyweights

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by LXEX55, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Nighttrain

Nighttrain 'BOUT IT 'BOUT IT Full Member

Nov 7, 2011

I apologize, I did not intend to "trigger" you I should have included a warning.

2. Nighttrain

Nov 7, 2011

I like the American tv comment in reality I am far to busy try to repair my nacho cheese fountain.

mcvey likes this.
  3. Nighttrain

Nov 7, 2011

Please take this wrong, but everything you post is a gem.

"Shine on you crazy diamond, shine!"

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  4. mcvey

mcvey VIP Member Full Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Patterson was clearly past his best at 25 after 36 fights. Yet he regained the title with a stunning ko victory, won the rubber match ,made another successful defence before losing to Liston .
    He then fought for another 13 years had a further 27 fights and only lost 6 of them, 5 of which were to world champions,during those 13 years he was top ten ranked for 11 of them. My word, he must have been something when he was in his prime!
    Thank you for your input.It is just about the most absurd thing I have heard thing I have heard concerning Floyd Patterson

Nighttrain and Sting like a bean like this.
  5. Nighttrain

Nov 7, 2011

I don't think you can be embarrassed (as an opinion). Though heavyweights often mature later his prime coincided with his gritty victory over Cut and Shoot Harris and climb off the canvas victory over the debuting Pete Radamacher?!
    Just perhaps the Tyson comparison does really apply due to Tyson's drug and alcohol addiction combined with his incarceration, suspensions and mental health issues of which Patterson was largely free?

I have to ask, what is the relevance of Patterson living into his seventies? Why do you mention that Quarry was also stopped on cuts by Ali?

Thanks for your reply.

mcvey likes this.
  6. mcvey

Jun 2, 2006
    How do you account for the fact that Walcott retired after the Marciano fights whereas Patterson fought on with great
    success for another 11 years only losing to Liston, Ali,Ellis, and Quarry? Why would you assume Patterson took drugs?
    On what do you base this idea?

Nighttrain likes this.
  7. Nighttrain

Nov 7, 2011

No Tyson acknowledges that even prior to winning the title he was drinking in excess and using drugs. Rest assured that there was no malicious intent in using the word "incarceration". Cus D'Amato was infamous for selectively matching Patterson and I doubt that he would have dominated Quarry or Ellis had his younger version faced them. Post Cus he was more liberally matched. Do you have any real information that Floyd used drugs or is this more of your substance fueled nonsense?

Your statement that Pete Radamacher was "only a slight underdog" is unadulterated nonsense. Joe Louis called it "the biggest mismatch of all-time"; the day before the fight Radamacher was a 10 to 1 underdog and apparently there were no odds even available the day of the fight!
    Whatever your on must have kicked the rest of your post makes even less sense about somebody suffering unlucky losses to Ali and a recital of public figures.

mcvey likes this.
  8. Nighttrain

Nov 7, 2011

Nope! I am certainly not trying trying to be cryptic at all. I am trying to avoid being over the top rude but I have got to tell you are making it tough.

You are wrong again . . .I know I'm as shocked as evey else! Acording to Tyson he began drinking and drugging in earnest when Cus died. Now that is according to Tyson if you have better info please provide it. I suspect I will receive it with you trove of information supporting your claim that Patterson abused drugs.

. . .and no Radamacher didn't make as much as Connor MacGregor did against Mayweather. MacGregor was guaranteed thirty million dollars ($30,000,000) . This doesn't include his share of the gate. Radamacher who convinced investors to guarantee Floyd's $250,000 purse earned nothing, zero r,($0) due to poor ticket sales. I know what you are thiking What about inflation nighttrain?!
    Sadly enough 0 even adjusted for inflation does not approach $30,000,0000!

Just admit you are wrong . . .nàaahhhh, You don't have it in you,

9. Nighttrain

Nov 7, 2011

Come on admit you are trolling. The whole Rasta Borat persona has become to over the top, no one is that comically stupid.

The issue was simply what we're the reasons for Tyson's early decline. He began drinking and abusing drugs after Cus D'Amato died a year prior to winning the title.

How are you doing finding the info supporting your claim that Patterson abused drugs?

OK you now claim that you weren't comparing the fights based on earnings but that Patterson vs Radamacher and Mayweather vs McGregor were comparable based on "prescence of TV, newspapers and spectators." There was no TV or Radio coverage, less than 17,000 viewed the Radamacher fight, an estimated 50,000,000 for whatever reasons watched the McGregor debacle. So you are only off by 49, 983,000 people which for you is par for the course.

mcvey likes this.
  10. Nighttrain

Nov 7, 2011

Rasta, incarceration is not a "high falutin' word" , in fact many people in the pokey would be comfortable with the word "incarceration " but let's move on. I will try to avoid using it wire you. I am not able to understand, "I'm very pleased to read to do it form me."

Again , your shaky grasp of facts I think I will go with Tyson's recall regarding his sobriety. Not that you're keeping track or care but you are just wrong again Cus D'Amato died prior to Mike's 11th or 12th fight.

Again, the Radamacher as evidenced by the facts I mentioned fight was not a blockbuster event, go ahead and look it up. I am not lying, and I dont have complete dominion over the Internet (like I would admit it to you if I did) The facts are out there!

How are you doing on the info about Patterson's drug abuse?

Yeah, I can't get into hypotheticals with you due to in your inability to grasp basic foundational facts or reality (see above ).

Yes, you caught me, I am also Reznick, Mcvey, ETM john thomas and ETM. Really it's just me and you here.

mcvey likes this.
  11. mcvey

Jun 2, 2006
    Tyson's pro debut was the 6th March 1985.
    D'Amato died on 4th November 1985.
    Tyson had fought 11 pro fights by then.

The Rademacher fight was poorly attended ,less than17,000 turned up and there was virtually no betting on it.

• The day before the fight, the Associated Press reported that Patterson was a 10 to 1 betting favorite. The AP quoted a Seattle businessman as saying: "Nobody is betting—while sober."
    • The day of the fight, the United Press reported that there were no betting odds because the fight was considered to be a gross mismatch.
    • There was no live radio or television. Promoter Jack Hurley said plans to show the fight on closed circuit television were canceled due to the three-hour time difference between Seattle and the east coast.
    • A crowd of 16,961 "

The Morlocks and Nighttrain like this.
  12. Nighttrain

Nov 7, 2011
    Again, I was not trying to confuse you with terminology. My guess is the concept of "sobriety " is no less foreign to you than the word.. According to Tyson he was abusing drugs and alcohol. , I am going to go with Tyson on this one,

Yes I am drelou as well.

mcvey likes this.
  13. Sting like a bean

Sting like a bean Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Apr 9, 2017
    :pancarta:Poe's Law strikes again.

14. Nighttrain

Nov 7, 2011

Yes, Rasta Borat needs a winky!

15. unitas

unitas Boxing Addict Full Member