Navarette is why I watch boxing

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by JacK Rauber, Dec 9, 2018.

1. velagod

velagod Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 20, 2012
    The best one this year for me was Hassan Mwakinyo battering Sam eggington In 2 rounds.

I know it Wernt for a title but going into the fight they were talking about Sam fighting at Wembley getting in a easy warm up fight blah blah blah and boom Hassan beats the living **** out of him.

FastSmith7, macademics and Inglis_1 like this.
  2. JacK Rauber

JacK Rauber Try not to offend, try harder not to be offended Full Member

Oct 20, 2013
    I had it scored 116-112 as well. I thought two of the cards scored it 115-113. My point is, I thought Navarette won the fight going away.

3. Inglis_1

Inglis_1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 4, 2018
    Agreed that was awesome to watch. Safe to say he won't be appearing on a matchroom show ever again.

4. velagod

velagod Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 20, 2012
    Oh I bet you he will there just waiting for the stink to get off him a bit the uk matchroom
    stable is still pretty thin.

5. aaalbert

aaalbert Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 15, 2015
    Navarette really impressed me.
    The guy had a ton of heart and went there to win. Did think he was a bit stiff and limited but he’s still a young guy. Hope to see him more in the future.

And why do some of you think he was there to get robbed? The cards were outstanding as was the referee and didn’t see anything remotely controversial.

6. cuchulain

cuchulain VIP Member Full Member

Jan 6, 2007
    No, TWO scored it IMO correctly, and the third judge was only off by a round and got the right man winning.

That made your comments about the judges a bit mystifying.

We're on the same page re: who won and by how much.

JacK Rauber likes this.
  7. caligula4

caligula4 Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Dogboe knew he'd lost too and seemed to have no complaints with the judging. I was a bit perplexed to hear he doesn't have proper sparring between fights. Reading between the fights about being previously homeless and then being royalty. He clearly didn't have the reach and height and Naverette did a good job, but if that indeed is how he prepared sparring family members, then a lot has to be questioned for a world champion. I liked what I saw of him before last night as well, but that repeated catchphrase was also grating.

Being British, I hope he regroups and sorts things out, and would like to see him fight on UK soil sometime in the near future.

lencoreastside likes this.
  8. J Jones

J Jones Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2017
    Prefight: NEHO!!! NEHO!!! NEHO!!!
    Postfight: thinking to himself: “My dad almost let me get killed in there. Thank God it was only a 12 round fight.”

I spotted Navarrete’s cornerman laughing at the end of the center-ring prefight instructions, when Dogboe shouted NEHO!!!

Dogboe was classy in defeat, but he will never be the same.

JacK Rauber and caligula4 like this.
  9. caligula4

caligula4 Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Inclined to agree with you J. Jones but what a learning curve it could prove to be if Dogboe does take the professional and correct approach. He has ability for sure and is only young. I'm behind him and hoping for the best.

The constant NEHO shouting was cringy and almost as bad as Yarde.

J Jones and JacK Rauber like this.
  10. JacK Rauber

JacK Rauber Try not to offend, try harder not to be offended Full Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Totally agree. The Neho shouting was dismissive of his opponent. It was arrogant. It seemed to be an attempt to intimidate Navarette, who was having none of it. Navarette is guy from Mexico City. You can damn well bet he didn't get any free lunches rising through the ranks there. I just see Navarette as a guy who laid it all out and on this night he cashed in. He said screw the whole pecking order nonsense. I'm here to take a title and that's exactly what he did.

11. lobk

lobk Original ESB Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    I think Navarette looks very weight drained at 122. Will be interesting to see him defend his belt for the first time. I don't think he wants to move up cause featherweight is loaded.

12. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    no weight drained fighter is going to do what he did, in the manner that he did it.

13. Angler Andrew

Angler Andrew Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 28, 2016
    That’s about the right of it

14. lobk

lobk Original ESB Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Navarette himself said making weight was very tough for him. And yes a decent fighter not at 100 % can beat the crap out of a very one dimensional fighter. Hell he was fighting with a hurt right and still punish Dogboe cause Dogboe had no game plan.

15. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    now youre arguing my side. not only did this drained fighter beat the living crap out of the big favorite, he did it while applying constant pressure, JOGGING to cut off the ring, walking through heavy handed power shots, AAAND he did it with a broke stick... any more evidence you want to add?