Nelson vs Britt 2.

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Dempsey1238, Jul 1, 2007.

1. Dempsey1238

Dempsey1238 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 10, 2005
    Great fight, The problem is I miss the knockout. The ko happen off screen so to speak, as both fighters were fighting off camera. Any one have ANY ideal what happen?? 43 mins of action ended with bad camera work indeed. :rofl

2. sweet_scientist

sweet_scientist Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 8, 2004
    I wonder if the camera guy fell asleep :D

I think it was a left-right combo to the jaw that dropped him. As one observer wrote, " Britt went down like a log, gasping for breath and with blood coming from his mouth and nose...At the call of "Ten!' Britt made a feeble effort to rise, but immediately feel back defeated."

http://www.antekprizering.com/brittnelsonhphoto.html

3. Dempsey1238

Jul 10, 2005
    Got around to it, and I was watching it, in perfect shape by the way. But in the end, they went off camera, Nelson came back in view, and Britt was rolling around on the ground. of couse trying to beat the count lol.

I just cant belive the knockout is not on camera. And there is Billy Jordon and the fame Let her rip line. I always wonder if he was the Jimmy Lennon Jr of his day. It seem in these old fight films, He was at EVEY Big fight, from Nelson Britt, Jeff Johnson, Burns Squares, There is more film on Billy Jordon than there is on Harry Greb lol.

4. UpWithEvil

UpWithEvil Active Member Full Member

Oct 17, 2005
    LOL, that is so true. It's funny, I was in New Mexico over the weekend and saw an older gentleman with a magnificent moustache wearing a tuxedo and immediately thought to myself, "Hey, he's a dead-ringer for that ring announcer, what was his name, the 'Let 'er rip' guy?"

And come to think of it, there's more film on BIGFOOT than there is on Harry Greb! :D

This content is protected

5. Dempsey1238

Jul 10, 2005
    Jordon died on October 16, 1916, at the age of 84. So he should be born around 1832 or so. He also fought in the Civil War. Outside of him aounncering fights, and thsos facts. I hardly know anything else on the man. Most of had a strange feeling to have Jordon call the Johnson Jeff fight in regards of his pass history in the war.

6. sweet_scientist

Nov 8, 2004
    Yeah, what's the point of a fight without the climax? Hope they fired the guy operating that camera :lol:

7. sweet_scientist

Nov 8, 2004
    LMFAOOO@that clown in a gorrila suit.

8. jyuza

jyuza Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 12, 2005
    What the hell !?!? Is that guy looking at us while walking ??

9. sweet_scientist

Nov 8, 2004
    Hahaha, yeah he's probably asking "You sure you're getting this on film?!"

10. jyuza

Sep 12, 2005
    :rofl
    What a tool !

11. jyuza

Sep 12, 2005
    :rofl
    What a tool !

12. UpWithEvil

UpWithEvil Active Member Full Member

Oct 17, 2005
    For what it's worth, looking at that newly-edited 'Bigfoot' footage is what inspired me to try my hand at restoration work on old boxing footage. If any of you are old enough to remember the original version of this bigfoot film, it was very shaky and hard to see details; the newly stabilized version was much easier to view. I know a few of you have seen my work on footage for Jeffries vs Sharkey, Jeffries vs Ruhlin, Corbett vs Fitzsimmons, and Gans vs Nelson, and if you liked it, you have Bigfoot to thank! :D

13. Dempsey1238

Jul 10, 2005
    Pretty SAD, when there is film of Big Foot, and no in ring film of Harry Greb. Maybe Harry Greb IS Big foot??/ Yes it all makes sense now. People are searcing long and hard for in ring footage of Greb. And because Harry Greb is Big Foot. Its almost impossible. I think I know the meaning of life now.

14. Dempsey1238

Jul 10, 2005
    Good send over Gans Nelson lol.

15. sweet_scientist

Nov 8, 2004
    I second that motion! UpWithEvil, Gans-Nelson needs some good polishing up :good