Newcastle NextGen - March 18

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by DramaShow, Jan 18, 2023.

1. Outback Wazza

Outback Wazza New Member banned Full Member

Jan 25, 2023
  2. Geordiedancer

Geordiedancer New Member Full Member

Feb 12, 2023
    This is 18/03 and the Ritson v Davies card is same arena in Newcastle 04/03.

We used to go months/years without anything other than small hall shows in Newcastle so not looking to complain but not sure there is enough support for 2 x arena shows in a few weeks. Cost of living and all that - could be 2 x weak crowds.

In Ritson (Jeffries/definitely not Probellum), Josh Kelly (Wasserman), Marshall (Boxxer) and the former GB/Birtley ABC boys on Matchroom we have quite a few promoters giving it a go in Newcastle. Just need that real
    breakout main event star to be our eg Josh Warrington or Carl Frampton.

3. iestyn2020

iestyn2020 Member Full Member

Jan 27, 2021
    i quite like the two fight on the nxt gen. Jenkins is good test and heavyweight fights can be fun

4. SeanB1

SeanB1 Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Sep 8, 2022
    I'll watch anything with a heavyweight on the card.

I like Ritson just don't think he's the same at the higher weight since he moved up. He's a big seller though so he'll always get backing

Astro and Geordiedancer like this.
  5. DramaShow

DramaShow 19 banned Full Member

Dec 22, 2020
    This content is protected

Dacres could fight Fabio Wardley potentially this year. I think he’s been promoted better by Matchroom than Frazer Clarke has been by Boxxer.

Pattison Jenkins I am looking forward to watch. I can’t believe Pattison is taking such a tough test this early on in his career. It’s a great card for a NxtGen show to be honest.

SeanB1 likes this.
  6. Astro

Astro Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2021
    Why match them against each other ? Why not just build them up quietly and then let them meet in 3 years time ? A potential fight between Dacres and Wardley could become really big in a few years.

SeanB1 likes this.
  7. DramaShow

DramaShow 19 banned Full Member

Dec 22, 2020
    FOTY contender. I did say it would be a great fight. Hope to see Matchroom return to Newcastle with the talent there stepping up again.

MantraNo10 likes this.
  8. MantraNo10

MantraNo10 New Member banned Full Member

Feb 27, 2023
    yeah for sure. Newcastle is surely gonna become a regular TV fixture with all the talent they have in the North East.

Birtley club is unreal for producing talent. It's gonna show in the pros now.

Luke Mccormack will hopefully get his issues sorted and make his pro debut soon. And there's two other GB squad Birtley boys who have said they are going pro - Dan Toward and Owen Rees.

DramaShow likes this.