Next for Canelo? BJS II? GGG III? Sweet Hands? Boo-Boo? ...up to 175lb, the Beast?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IntentionalButt, May 9, 2021.

Who you think is next, and *can* they beat him?

This poll will close on Aug 17, 2021 at 4:24 PM.
  1. Golovkin III / Canelo will win for sure

3.7%
  2. Golovkin III / Canelo could lose

3.7%
  3. Saunders II / Canelo will win for sure

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Saunders II / Canelo could lose

1.9%
  5. Caleb Plant / Canelo will win for sure

70.4%
  6. Caleb Plant / Canelo could lose

9.3%
  7. Demetrius Andrade / Canelo will win for sure

1.9%
  8. Demetrius Andrade / Canelo could lose

1.9%
  9. Artur Beterbiev / Canelo will win for sure

1.9%
  10. Artur Beterbiev / Canelo could lose

5.6%
  1. MorvidusStyle

MorvidusStyle Active Member Full Member

Jul 11, 2017
    Beterbiev would be good but Canelo went down again for a reason. His enhancement still has limits.

Golovkin did beat Canelo at least once. If he does the same thing again he'll lose on the cards. There's still a chance for him to come out in brawl mode and get his vengeance. Take the strategy Lee was going to use against him, train for a five round war. If we all know you need a KO to win, who is better than Golovkin to go for that at 168 or under. He's the only one with the chin, skill, power and psycho to do it.

UniversalPart likes this.
  2. The Real Lance

The Real Lance Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 29, 2012
    I'm good w/ Plant next. Unification!

3. Hussle

Hussle Member Full Member

Apr 23, 2019
    I always prefer undisputed when there's a chance for it. After that, Benevidez and some of the guys barking at him from 160 (Charlo, Andrade) should come up if they want it bad enough. I'd happily watch the GGG fight because the 1st 2 were great, but I think the outcome is a Canelo stoppage, especially at 168.

4. gollumsluvslave

gollumsluvslave Active Member Full Member

Dec 20, 2020
    I think it's deffo Plant next, and I've not seen much from Plant to think he is going to get Canelo to respect his punches any more than Saunders did. He doesn't have the workrate or durability I don't think.

After that, I'd like to see Bivol come down to 168, which he's said he can make comfortably - he's not a particularly big 175er.

I think Bivol @168 is a great matchup - Bivol with his great reading of distance and great jab, versus the countering of Canelo.

One thing I don't really want to see is Canelo waiting to scalp Beterbiev when he is 37/38 and obviously lost a big step - personally I don't think Canelo risks Beterbiev till he's in obvious decline, as getting in close for the body shots plays into Beterbievs greatest strength.

But unfortunately for Canelo, none of these guys afre future HOF / legacy defining type fights that I can see, even if beating Beterbiev & Bivol would really cement things for me, I'm sure other detractors / haters would find things to complain about.