Next step for usyk ? If you were his management ?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by daverobin, Oct 13, 2019.

1. daverobin

daverobin Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Oct 30, 2015
    I would have him fighting Gerald Washington in January !!! See how usyk does against a tall super heavyweight !!! Is usyk v Washington a fair test for usyk while everybody is fighting everybody else ???

2. inner2deepz

inner2deepz Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Oct 8, 2016
    Put him in with someone who matters, he’s fought at heavy before and feeding him bums does nothing we know he’s got the goods, we saw that at cruiser

Vykus likes this.
  3. DonnyMo

DonnyMo Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 21, 2011
    I would avoid Fury and Wilder unless the money was very serious. Fury is the tougher of the two for him, but these are uphill fights.

Everyone else he can beat.

I'd have him go straight for the Ruiz v. Joshua winner. Ruiz's blubber ass gets boxed off. Once he has Andy's titles he'll be the shot caller and heavyweight and really leverage the right kind of fights for himself. Joshua is more dangerous but clearly a mental midget with conditioning problems. However, Joshua for all the titles is a lot of money.

If Joshua beats Ruiz.....then Usyk has to get to him before Wilder or Fury do. Cause those two guys will finish Joshua (hard and fast) and getting those titles from them is much harder.

minemax and don owens like this.
  4. kirk

kirk l l l Staff Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Washington or Chisora.

After that.... time for one of the big 4 (Fury, Wilder, Ruiz or AJ)

5. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    I would avoid the dangerous guys like the top 5...

Chisors Parker Takam Kownacki would tell us more

The top 5 would do more than just mark up his face, they would break bone and shatter jaws

iii likes this.
  6. bbjc

bbjc Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 25, 2012
    Stay away from the super heavys. Till you cash out with one of them. Which means targeting guys decent not far from his weight. I think he,ll struggle against chisora, parker, whyte and povetkin. They,ll be tough fights for usyk. Guys just outside that level. Could be a banana skin and ruin his chance at the big guys.

DON1 likes this.
  7. iii

iii Boxing Addict Full Member

May 3, 2016
    Exactly...he has to merge in to give himself a chance.

8. OvidsExile

OvidsExile At a minimum, a huckleberry over your persimmon. Full Member

Aug 28, 2012
    I would either have him fight a basketball player or book him on a wrestling show as a heel.

Malph likes this.
  9. OvidsExile

OvidsExile At a minimum, a huckleberry over your persimmon. Full Member

Aug 28, 2012
    No, he doesn't have time left in his career to **** around. He needs to fight champs and get a belt, do like Holyfield. Besides, the trick for a smaller guy at heavyweight isn't to fight other small heavyweights. You fight a super heavyweight who has no skills and make him look silly. He needs to find a Lance Whitaker, a Nikolai Valuev, a Michael Grant. Cruisers like Chris Byrd, Tomasz Adamek, and David Haye made big names for themselves becoming giant killers.

10. WhataRock

WhataRock VIP Member Full Member

Jul 29, 2004
    Cash out...retire to your wheat farm with your family.

I hold no high hopes for Usyk at heavyweight. If he loses to a contender I won't be shocked, if he becomes undisputed champ that's overachieving IMO and good on him.

MrFoFody, Malph and Aydamn like this.
  11. On The Money

On The Money Dangerous Journeyman Full Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Fight a Rivas\Martin\Wallin then one of Kownacki\Parker\Miller, then a title fight.

12. TEAM_LOMA

TEAM_LOMA This is Boxing Full Member

Mar 13, 2019
    I think Usyk vs Povetkin would be fun

13. Oddone

Oddone Bermane Stiverne's life coach. Full Member

Aug 18, 2019
    1. Joesph Parker. A former champ and a name.
    2. Miller. Long as his fat ass stays off the peds.
    After one of these two put him in against a champ. See how it goes. He’s not getting any younger

14. Lith

Lith Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 16, 2010
    It's a real shame Takam's team wasn't keen to let the fight happen without a big payday. I understand why and don't blame them, but it would have been a much more interesting fight and we'd have a lot more answers right now

15. radupidu

radupidu Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Winner of Chisora/Parker

vnyc likes this.