Nice one Matthew

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by nulty, Jun 23, 2007.

1. nulty

nulty Guest

Not vintage and he'll never be as good as his brother. But another decent win by Mathew Hatton. I think he deserves a mention.

2. BigEars

BigEars Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 30, 2006
    Ya a good performance from him tonight , he was unlucky with that knockdown in the 11th as he stepped on Vasquez's foot while a punch landed .

He might be able to do something domestically .

3. rooq

rooq Rooq's Boxing Promoter Full Member

Jan 16, 2007
    yes, he should be going for domestic titles. i don't see him ever competing with world level welterweights.

i'd like to see him in with kevin anderson or young muttley or someone

4. rooq

Jan 16, 2007
    PS, i thought that KD cost him the fight last night, i had him losing by 1 point

5. BigEars

BigEars Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 30, 2006
    Thing is though did you score that round 10-8 to Vasquez , as I had felt Matthew had totally dominated that round hence winning 10-9 and the knockdown merely made things 9-9 . I didn't bother scoring the fight(as a whole) myself , just didn't feel like it for whatever reason .

Oh and one little thing to point out , that bout was for the IBF International title not Inter-continental as boxrec have down , could someone with a boxrec account please point it out to them .

6. Top Dog

Top Dog Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 10, 2006
    Good call, I had it the veryame as you mate:good I dont know what fight the judges were watching:-(

7. rooq

Jan 16, 2007
    yeah...especially the judge who had him winning by 6 points! :patsch