Nicki Smedley interview. Wow!

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by BigDoofus, Sep 2, 2021.

1. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Coldwell used to have little lads from the gym around to his house, 11 and 12 year-old type of age. It would be the middle of summer and he would have the heating on full blast. When the boys complained about it being hot he told them to strip to their underwear to cool down. Coldwell would also strip down to his pants and 'wrestle' with the boys.

aaaaa and DramaShow like this.
  2. Mrs wolf

Mrs wolf New Member Full Member

Sep 3, 2021
    Mr Coldwell is horrible he bullied my boy when he was just ten years old, we sent him to that gym to build up his confidence, well he almost destroyed it, I will never forgive him.

3. BigDoofus

BigDoofus Active Member Full Member

Apr 4, 2016
    I'm genuinely interested in what led you to that conclusion.

4. Joe.Boxer

Joe.Boxer Chinchecker Full Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Just the tip of the iceberg. Adam Smith & Ivanson Nelson are allegedly linked to what's gonna come out.

5. DramaShow

DramaShow 19 banned Full Member

Dec 22, 2020
    How so? Explain more please mate.

Sorry about that, it sounds similar to the guy who was on the left in the video. Coldwell is a slimy rat.

He is still posting on his Instagram as if nothing has happened blocking people and deleting messages.

Dangerwood84 and aaaaa like this.
  6. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Just listened to that interview with Matt and Nicky on Porky’s Corner.

Clearly Coldwell needs to come out and address the interview but tbh I can’t see anything major coming from this and I think people are wide of the mark when saying that he is “finished” in boxing.

The stuff about the kids staying over at his in their boxers is suspect but both Matt and Nicky made it clear that Coldwell never touched them so I don’t think those allegations will have any impact on his career.

As for the allegations of bullying and dangerous sparring, these are hard to prove and boxing is full of nasty bullies anyway.

Interesting to see how this all plays out in the next few weeks and whether Coldwell comes out and addresses it.

dragon666 and Noel857 like this.
  7. Mrs wolf

Sep 3, 2021
    An

8. Mrs wolf

Sep 3, 2021
    I dare say the bullying goes on in other gyms... BUT wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it

9. BigDoofus

BigDoofus Active Member Full Member

Apr 4, 2016
    Apparently there is more to come.

10. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    I don’t think he can come out and address them. It gives more attention to horrible accusations. He’s in a twat of a position even if they’re false. If they’re false I feel sorry for him. Got kids and that and them allegations are super heavy.

11. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Still no response from Coldwell.

I get that but this is just one of the negatives that comes with being a high profile sports/media personality.

I think Coldwell has to address it. The longer he remains silent the worse it sounds IMO. If he is adamant that he the allegations are mendacious, he will probably have sought legal advice and should write a statement to that effect, especially since Porky has stated that there is more to come on this subject.

destruction likes this.
  12. dragon666

dragon666 Active Member Full Member

Apr 28, 2021
    It's defamation and if this gained any traction within this year he could actually sue Porky's corner for posting the video on his channel. There's a one year window to do it from when the original statement was made.

I don't think many people care or watch porky's youtube channel so he's probably safe. Youtube only remove videos if something went through the court if it's concerning something like defamation of character. He could probably get the video removed for harassment and bullying but i doubt he's even watched it or cares.

It's likely Coldwell doesn't care maybe because the allegations aren't true or won't ever be able to be verified anyway. Just a baseless accusation with no evidence. It would be a waste of money to try to make a statement and sue a nobody over some video hardly anyone has watched unless it actually affected his life and occupation.

I mean if the person or persons accusing him of this were generally affected mentally they would attempt to seek help and make a statement to the police. I don't think they would just go on porky's corner looking to slander his name on a public platform.

Smudge_, Scissors and Noel857 like this.
  13. dragon666

dragon666 Active Member Full Member

Apr 28, 2021
    Coldwell shouldn't respond from a legal standpoint anyway. It would be dumb to throw attention to something which can't really be proven on a public platform like youtube or any social media platform.

It's poor advice if someone told him to talk about the claims because it would make him look really bad in the process which would magnify the situation potentially putting his livelihood at risk even if it isn't true.

The nature of the beast is if he was accused and the victim or victims took him to court then even if he was deemed innocent he may be cancelled and he might lose his credibility in the process where fighters wouldn't want his services.

Porky doesn't strike me as someone who fully thinks something through before he does it. He may end up possibly having his channel shutdown and legal action taken against him if he keeps pursuing this.

Edit- What they said can't be proved so nothing will likely come of this.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2021
    Noel857 likes this.
  14. Erik

Oct 25, 2015
    Just saw the other bit about Coldwell's missus showing lads her fanny. So it's start off in Michael Jackson territory with the underpant wrestling, then you suddenly get a Fred and Rose West vibe when the other half also gets dropped in it. Blimey.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2021
  15. Erik

Oct 25, 2015
    I watched the weigh in on youtube and there were a few comments when Hopey Price was on the scales, like "Dave 'turn the heating up' Coldwell" and "if Dave is making you wrestle him in your underpants, give us a sign Hopey,. You can get help" and so on.

Also a few comments on his twitter

This content is protected

But yeah, I don't think this Porky bloke exactly has a wide audience so I doubt most people even know what these comments are relating to.

dragon666 likes this.