nicky cook got taken apart

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Vantage_West, Jul 14, 2007.

1. Vantage_West

Vantage_West ヒップホップ·プロデューサー Full Member

Jul 11, 2006
    my god what on earth did luevano do to cook those brutal body shots so rare from a southpaw did anyone see the cook fight :yikes 5 knockdowns almost all knockdowns by that brutal left hand to the body

why didnt anyone notice him before hand. hope they does well both men

2. DamonD

DamonD Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 19, 2004
    That's a shock, although I guess it shouldn't be because Luevano is a world-class talent while Cook was aiming to be one.

3. unitas

unitas Boxing Addict Full Member

May 12, 2007
    if a british feather goes up against a mexican feather............bet on the mexican.

4. nulty

nulty Guest

Luevano was a cut above. But Cook showed incredible heart getting up, in the end he couldn't do it anymore. Those body shots were sickening I got sore just watching them.

5. China_hand_Joe

China_hand_Joe Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 21, 2006
    Cook's jab is just embarrassing for someone challenging for a world title.

6. Dunky McCafferty

Dunky McCafferty Boxing Junkie banned

Aug 24, 2004
    I hate to gloat, but for all those Cook fans who said to me for years Cook would have beat Scotty Harrison? That fight brutally exposed Cook for what he is.

& before anyone dares argue with me that Luaveno would have beaten Scotty, I have an argument that will stop you in your tracks right away.

Cook was gloating beforehand how he would be a better champ than Scotty, but he found out its tough at the top where scotty was. welcome to the real world Cookie.

7. Boro chris

Boro chris Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 14, 2005
    All the heart in the world but just soooooo slow.
    Makes it hard to judge how good Luevano actually is.

8. AllyT

AllyT Active Member Full Member

Oct 13, 2004
    Has Harrison fought Cook he would have smashed him. I would love to be wrong but I do not think we will see him back.

9. victorhugo4222

victorhugo4222 Well-Known Member Full Member

May 29, 2007
    sadly i dont think we will ever see scotty the only thing im worried about is that we do see him back but for all the wrong reasons. ive heard he has been declerad bankrupt and wouldnt like to see him fight just for the money as i dont think he would be the same fighter without the determination and fire he has.

10. Max Molyneux

Max Molyneux Liverpool Liver Tickler Full Member

Jul 11, 2005
    Cook needs to move up In weight, he lacked the workrate to keep the agression going.

11. LeedsLad

LeedsLad Active Member Full Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Least he had a go, wasnt quite good enough. But he'll be a very good domestic/european fighter so theres nothing too much to worry about.

12. StWerburghs

StWerburghs Active Member Full Member

Mar 11, 2006
    Was impressed with Luevano. Knew next to nothing about him before this fight. But he certainly took cook apart. Good display. Would of been better to of seen Harrison Luevano he if was still around.

13. Vantage_West

Vantage_West ヒップホップ·プロデューサー Full Member

Jul 11, 2006
    exactly i hadnt heard nothing i didnt know who he was or what record he had

leuvano actaully took him apart and i dont mean he got a beating he just shut everything down stopped the jab(whic was **** poor already) soptped the hooks used the ring made his southpawness his main advantage and went to the body

i rarely see a southpaw slugger:think hope he does well i think my avatar might have to change

14. Top Dog

Top Dog Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 10, 2006
    Awright Dunky! you beat me to it mate, I was just coming on to post similar:thumbsup This was the guy that was going to beat Harrison, aye right away, he wouldnt have lasted 5 rounds:good He was well and truly man raped last night, they should call the cops

15. achillesthegreat

achillesthegreat FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    It was about 5-0 or 4-1 and then Cook put three in the bag. I was about to give him a fourth and he got put down.

He had the game plan all wrong. He was waiting and that should have stopped after the first round. He needed to pin his hands to his cheeks, move his head, get in and bomb to the body.

His work was working spurts but he'd always lose focus. He would shoot the right hand which is great but then he'd overshoot. He'd go to the body, land two, get excited and let leather fly.

No excuses for those uppercuts to the body, they were just horrid shots.