Nigel Benn, Eubank Sr, and Collins beat Canelo bad

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by BoxingPurest, Mar 22, 2019.

1. BoxingPurest

BoxingPurest Active Member Full Member

Mar 6, 2019
    Okay guys doing my nightly youtube fight watching! Watched a couple of fights from the guys mentioned above and my goodness would these guys kill Canelo heck, Im a GGG fan, but as good as he is for this era put him in the ring with the guys mentioned above I believe he gets beat as well. Even these guys not going to far back would lay it all on the line. They gave it their all everytime they stepped in the ring.

George Crowcroft likes this.
  2. impacted

impacted Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 6, 2011
    Golovkin wasn't at his peak by the time Canelo and his handlers finally agreed to make the fights, and Canelo still wasn't superior in either go. Saul Alvarez to me is proof of what the right connections and a relaxed attitude by the so-called authorities on steroids can do for a fighter. No way Steve Collins ''kills'' him though.

Jackstraw likes this.
  3. robert ungurean

robert ungurean Богдан Philadelphia Full Member

Jun 9, 2007
    Right on
    I'm undecided about Steve Collins at the moment

BoxingPurest likes this.
  4. PhillyPhan69

PhillyPhan69 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Dec 20, 2006
    I would pick Eubank over both Canelo & GGG, I think Collins and Benn are interesting fights but would pick Canelo and GGG over both of them. I feel like Benn was better served by the experience and weight increase moving up to super middle

5. Mod-Mania

Mod-Mania Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 12, 2012
    They'd most likeley get robbed on the scorecards like Lara, GGG and even Floyd nearly was.

6. PhillyPhan69

Dec 20, 2006
    The card vs Floyd was bad, personally I don’t think the GGG cards were bad although I know that GGG fans and Canelo haters disagree.

But no way was Lara a robbery or even a gift. Lara was on his bike all night. Now that’s a great plan if you are entering a bike race, not so much for a fight plan.

Added my scorecard from another thread. I don’t really see how people score Trout and Lara and find a case for either very hard to make.

GGG even though I think the verdicts of both were correct by my scorecard, a case can be made for GGG...Lara/Trout is a stretch for me

7. BoxingPurest

Mar 6, 2019
    GGG was past his peak for sure by the time Canelo manned up and fought him. I had the first fight a robbery with GGG winning in a landslide. The second bout I hate to say it but had Canelo winning by a few rounds. But no doubt on those two a prime GGG that goes to the body still and lets his hands goes stops Canelo!

8. BoxingPurest

Mar 6, 2019
    Right Floyd put a boxing clinic on Canelo during that bout. Wasn't a shut out but no doubt who won when it was over. Floyd better avoid a comeback talks with Canelo its so dirty right now to face him. No doubt the man is taking some type of performance enhancing drugs, plus the judges, DAZN all are on his side. Feel bad for Jacobs because he is gonna have alot stacked against him come fight night!

Jackstraw and Mod-Mania like this.
  9. BoxingPurest

Mar 6, 2019
    Eubank SR was a good solid fighter,, These guys didnt come for the paycheck they came to win. There was no riding the wave till the bell rings. It was you or me attitude love it of course this is how boxing used to be in general before the modern era

10. Mod-Mania

Mod-Mania Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 12, 2012
    Total BS, yes Lara ran but that's his style, he snappedCanelo's head all night with combo while Canelo just hit fresh air, elbows and forearms with 95% of his shots, that's how Lara won, your obvioulsly just a Canelo fanboy.

11. PhillyPhan69

Dec 20, 2006
    Not even close to a Canelo fan, but if he is willing to move to Philly I might be swayed. You are obviously a Canelo hater with little knowledge on how to score a fight....apparently you have gotten every card wrong. You would think you would be right every once in a while, even if by accident. What a waste of human life

12. BundiniBlack

BundiniBlack Well-Known Member Full Member

May 20, 2015