No boxer in history can beat a Prime Floyd Mayweather Jr. (at his weight class) Agree or not?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by royjonesfan, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Loudon

Loudon VIP Member Full Member

Mar 7, 2012
    You're the one trying to rewrite history.

You cling on to this Roach video like a drowning man clinging on to have a life belt.

I don't like Manny more than I like Floyd.

Stop being childish.

Manny pulled out of talks because they couldn't compromise.

Ages after the Clottey fight, Manny said he'd agree to everything in order to get the fight. Yet did the fight happen right away? No. It still dragged out for an age, which should tell anybody that it was never the testing that prevented it from happening earlier.

You can say whatever you want, the fact is, Floyd was nowhere near as confident as what you were. Which is also the reason why he pulled all of his other BS throughout the years.

You've still not addressed the ridiculous IV scandal.

If that had have happened to Manny, you'd have been on here going mental.

C.J. likes this.
  2. Loudon

Mar 7, 2012
    You're so naive.

We wouldn't have seen the fight earlier even if Pac had jumped through every one of his hoops.

Wise up.

Floyd's career is littered with BS.

George Crowcroft likes this.
  3. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Whilst I agree with a lot of these posts, I have a few questions, Pimp. Especially regarding Duran.

I think pressure is clearly the best way to fight Floyd, do you not? If so, what do you reckon is? Do you real think Floyd is a nightmare for Duran? How come?
    How familiar are you with Durán's entire lightweight career? I'm not completely informed on it but I know enough to say he didn't struggle with movement whilst he had his legs, he beat, and in some cases destoryed guys like Marcel, Buchanan, Viruet, Bizzarro and obviously Leonard and they were all good to great movers. What lesser fighters beat a prime Duran? DeJesus fights nothing like Floyd and was stomped twice in return, Leonard > Floyd imo clearly.

Lol I just realized I've bombarded you man, sorry.

Pimp C likes this.
  4. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Hearns is a stylistic nightmare for him but we all know that. I actually think a guy like RJJ who's a better natural athlete than PBF if he was his PBF's size would be a stylistic nightmare for him. PBF is not use to that he's used to always being the better athlete which is why I always said the Zab fight was underrated because he was a better natural athlete than PBF but was simply too mentally weak for PBF who broke him down. A guy who could consistently beat him to the punch and counter him with a good enough jab to keep him honest would with faster feet than him would really trouble him. With everyone else at the end of the day, he holds an ace up his sleeve and he could just get on his bike and win rounds but against RJJ kind of guy that wouldn't happen.

I'm quite familiar with Duran but IMO he's too inconsistent and more importantly his arms are too short. PBF has an extreme reach advantage against him, which he will exploit. He can fight in a style that has known to frustrate Duran. PBF won't play his game like SRL did in their 1st fight and will fight his fight at all costs that's why he would beat Duran.

5. Pimp C

Jun 23, 2005
    You're such a hater, baseless claims. I'll ask you this? Who pulled out of negotiations 1st Pac or PBF? PBF agreed to everything. Why in the hell would he be scared of a guy who lost to a faded EM or a guy who couldn't beat JMM clearly? A guy who PBF shut out I might add. PBF would have tooled any version of Pac because of PBF's ability to control range and dictate distance on him and he knew it, your wishful thinking doesn't work on me. It was Pac who didn't want the fight which is why he pulled out and fought Clottey. Only on ESB would the guy who pulled out of the fight is looked at as the guy who wanted the fight but hey when you have an agenda like you, you ride with til the wheels fall off.:risas3::risas3::risas3:

6. Pimp C

Jun 23, 2005
    You mean he agreed like when his boss Bob the builder Arum said they needed a stadium to be constructed on the Vegas strip in order for the fight to take place. You mean when he said he needed time because of a cut. The fact is Pac and his team put up road blocks. They're the ones losing to guys like Bradley and getting put into comas by JMM not PBF. They knew he was the truth and so did Arum they really didn't want that work.:deal: BTW I cling to the video because it's the truth and is what actually happened back then. People like you try and re-write history as if people like me weren't following boxing back the and don't know any better. I'm sorry but I won't let you get away with it. You're a good poster just off base when it comes to this.

7. Loudon

Mar 7, 2012
    I don't know why I bother.

You're like a small child when it comes to Floyd.

We get it. He's your hero.

He's one of the greatest fighters of all time. But you are completely incapable of a having a debate on his career.

Anybody who criticises him in any way has to be a hater in your mind.

Anybody who defends Manny has to be a fanboy in your mind.

Who pulled out of negotiations?

Manny did.

Manny agreed to the testing which he was under no obligation to do so.

He was under no obligation to do so, as:

There was no evidence of any wrongdoing.

Nobody else wanted that form of testing.

It wasn't a stipulation by any state or commission.

Manny agreed to the testing, but he wanted a cut off period due to what had happened with Morales on 2005. He did however offer to submit an immediate after fight blood test.

They went back and forth, but they could not compromise on the number of cut off days. After which, Manny went on with his career.

Floyd did not agree to everything, otherwise he'd have given Manny what he wanted.

I never said that he was scared of Manny. I said he wasn't as confident as what you are.

Why did he pull all of his other BS throughout his career?

Why did he deliberately come in over weight against JMM?

Why did he retire in 2007?

Why did he not rematch Oscar for huge money when he was in the 'cheque cashing' business?

Why did he sucker punch Ortiz when Ortiz wasn't defending himself and was apologising?

Why would he only fight Canelo at a C-W, despite the fact that he was a JMW champ, he'd already fought Oscar at JMW, and he said that he couldn't care less what Canelo rehydrated to?

Why did he kick up a fuss with Maidana about the gloves?

Why was he having an IV on his sofa, when he couldn't have been severely dehydrated, and it was classed as a medical emergency?

He pulled all of that BS, but you expect people to believe that it was Manny who delayed their fight?

Nah!

Wake up.

C.J. and BoxingIntegrity119715 like this.
  8. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Interesting take. So how about other super athletic guys at 140, 135 ish? Napoles and Meldrick Taylor come to mind. How about Pernell?
    Hmm, I'ma have to think about this one now. Thanks!
    Now going off the fights I've seen, which is a good portion of his lightweight title run, I wouldn't call him inconsistent at all. He lost 2 of his first 75 fights. Them being DeJesus and Leonard, both of whom he beat. Aside from these two incidents I see no reason why Duran would be two inconsistent, especially when he clearly beat, and tooled in DeJesus' case, both in other fights.

The reach advantage for Floyd is a good point, and one not often mentioned when this topic comes up. For me, Duran is better at managing distance, and has better footwork. I've always thought that Duran would feint, jab and position himself in, or simply boar his way in like Castillo did, and then out-hustle Floyd, working the body, throwing short shots to somewhat negate Floyd's defence, cut off the ring and turn the angle whenever Floyd tries to mix it up. Floyd at those weights wasn't a rope a dope guy, he was a dance and box guy who could fight well off the ropes. He fought a lot like Ernesto Marcel... Who Duran toyed with and retired... At 18. I'd think the rope a dope strategy favours Duran even more, but anyways. Mayweather would obviously have success, making Duran miss and look wild, but for mine, Duran hurts Floyd pretty early on, then Floyd starts to fight more conservatively, stays on his toes more to get away from Duran but is slowly caught to the body and robbed of his foo, speed and is out-worked thoroughly over the distance. Duran taking a fairly wide decision(9-3ish).

Duran could be wound up, which Floyd would obviously try to do. But in his prime years, Duran wasn't pushed over the age by anyone who tried, but rather motivated and spurred on by it. Anyway I got Floyd losing a wide UD over 12 in that one.

Please note, I am a massive Duran and Hearns fan.:D

Pimp C likes this.
  9. Pimp C

Jun 23, 2005
    PBF was under no obligation to agree to Pac's weight penalty fine but PBF agreed to it.

There were others who wanted that type of testing. Tyson did for Holyfield and Zab did for Mosley so it was brought up before.

He didn't intentionally come in over weight against JMM he had a long lay off and thought he could make the catch weight but he couldn't. He didn't try to make it after the weigh in so he agreed to pay JMM extra money 1 million I think.

He retired because he wanted to. Hes under no obligation to keep fighting and a fighter can walk away from the sport or return anytime they see fit.

He didn't rematch Oscar because Oscar still wanted the lion's share of the purse despite losing to him so he told him to go **** himself. I don't blame him. He was the new PPV king not Oscar.

How many times do you need to keep apologizing in a fight? what Ortiz did was dirty as **** and PBF was made protect yourself at all times is the number one rule in boxing.

Canelo called PBF out and PBF was the A-side so just like Oscar dictated terms to PBF when he fought him years ago it was within PBF's right to do the same. BTW the whole CW thing is overblown he weighed 1 pound less than he did in his previous fight. It's an excuse used by PBF haters in order to discredit arguably the best win of the last decade.

PBF was well within his right to inspect Maidana's gloves and refuse them.

He was asked to produce a urine sample and could not so an IV was administered. The paperwork was messed up and not presented in time that was the only problem he was then cleared. BTW what PED gives you any advantage the day before the fight? If he was on PEDS he needs to do more because he looked like ****. Did he throw 100 punches a round or have big power no.

Pac pulled stunts through out his career yet you seem to not want to bring those up. I wonder why? BTW none of this stuff you posted and I refuted has nothing to do with the fact that when both fighters were closest to their primes it was Pac who pulled out because he didn't want random blood testing with no cut offs that was to be given to both fighters those are facts.

10. Pimp C

Jun 23, 2005
    Fair post but you must remember PBF was injured going into that 1st fight with JLC and he was outweighed by almost 20 pounds on fight night by him. In the rematch a 100% healthy PBF fought more of his fight and won going away. I just don't see short armed fighters having much of a chance against a guy like PBF who knows how to use his reach so well. PBF was one of the most accurate boxers in history he was a sharpshooter with extreme quickness he would catch Duran coming in all night long. PBF has great footwork and foot speed himself so he wouldn't be out of his depth with a guy like Duran. You're not going to be able to just turn and out manuever him around the ring easily. He was also a thinking man's fighter with a high ring IQ he would figure this out and adapt to that by using more movement.

11. Babality

Babality KTFO!!!!!!! Full Member

Dec 6, 2008
    If Castillo arguably beat him, then it's not out of the realm of possibility that someone else could do it.

12. Pakkuman

Pakkuman I'm not hot. I'm just BIG. banned Full Member

Jun 26, 2019
    Pac's been VADA-tested and in those fights, he's dropped or hurt his opponents who were all significantly bigger. Floyd ducked VADA testing and the $5 million per dirty test penalty. These are facts. Floyd also had ultra low T/E ratios, consistent w/ doping, in a few fights AND he was caught using illegal IV fluids. Also facts.

:deal:

13. Loudon

Mar 7, 2012
    What you've written above is all complete BS.

I like you as a poster, but not when it comes to Floyd.

From now on, I won't be engaging you in any subject regarding him.

It's a complete waste of time.

You show clear bias and you contradict yourself.

I'll leave you with just one example: His reach

His reach was a huge 72" and he has long arms.

You're now making reference to it in your good debate with George.

These are the comments that you have just made regarding his reach:

Those are your comments.

Just before Christmas, we debated Floyd's career, that included his fights against Manny and Hatton.

In that thread, I noted that Floyd had a huge reach advantage for a man of his size, and that it was very significant in those fights, against 2 fighters who both had a short reach and small arms. (just like Duran)

This was your response:
    Finally, the IV was BS and you know it was.

He could never have been so severely dehydrated that he needed that IV.

Severely dehydrated from WHAT?

The IV of that nature was also banned, and it was classed as a medical emergency that should have required hospital admittance.

Yet we're supposed to believe that it was Manny who was guilty for all of those years, despite there being not a single shred of evidence?

Really?

We'll leave it there.

I'll let George debate you.

mirkofilipovic likes this.
  14. Pimp C

Jun 23, 2005
    You make it seem like it was the only reason why pbf beat those guys is it an asset yes. But it's not the only reason why he beat them he's a complete fighter. Reach is an advantage just like power is or a chin are. If a fighter has long reach that doesn't mean he knows how to fight effectively with it williams had extreme reach but didn't utilize it and fought on the inside and lost to 2 guys with much shorter arms in Martinez and Quintana.

15. M.3

M.3 Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 21, 2014
    Sure anyone can gain weight, but we're talking about pro boxers who value their bodies.. Floyd wouldn't be Floyd if he somehow made it to 160.. You'd be happy with a fat slow Floyd who can't move anymore fighting at 160 just because? lol

And sure, he stayed at 147 and occasionally fought at 154 coming from 130 because he didn't want to test himself.. If you think that, it's 100% fine.. Somehow he is still regarded as the best of the generation though.. Only if he'd just decided to just keep on packing on weight and moving up until he look like the kid from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory who ate the gum and turned into a blueberry...lol

highlander likes this.