No one wants to see Canelo vs GGG again. Absolute joke.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by TEAM_LOMA, May 23, 2022.

1. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    He'll still give canelo a great fight, the styles mesh too well for it to be otherwise.

shadow111 likes this.
  2. shadow111

shadow111 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Early on he did.
    This content is protected

chacal likes this.
  3. pepsiclassic

pepsiclassic Active Member Full Member

Aug 7, 2019
    most people here would pick Canelo to lose and probably score it a shutout for GGG regardless of what happens.

at 168 Canelo has an advantage this time. however I did score both fights for GGG

m.s., heerko koois and drenlou like this.
  4. Salty Dog

Salty Dog My name is Buck and I'm here to... Full Member

Sep 5, 2008
    I'm not optimistic about the outcome for GGG, but will for sure be an action fight. Better than some choices he could have made, I imagine. Sure I wanna' see Alvarez fight Benevidez but I doubt that GGG (even at 40) will end up being any kind of cherry pick.

drenlou likes this.
  5. Fogger

Fogger Father, grandfather and big sports fan. Full Member

Aug 9, 2021
    This is a fight where the longtime middleweight champion is moving up tp fight the undisputed, unified super middleweight champion. This is what you want in boxing on a more regular basis. It's made even better by the fact that their first two fights are hotly disputed by fans and the fighters.

Where they are in their careers and what skills they still possess are facts and details used to decide who you think is going to win and how they will do it. You don't pass up this opportunity just because it may be a mismatch.

Last edited: May 23, 2022
  6. vast

vast Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 27, 2010
  7. Braindamage

Braindamage Baby Face Beast Full Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Canelo landed some good shots here and there. He's to good not to get his shots in.

8. acie2g

acie2g Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 21, 2010
    As a fan I have absolutely no interest in this fight GGG got beat tf up last fight and outside of seeing him get KO’d to quiet his remedial fans I’d rather see something fresh.
    Saying that though even though GGG has avoided Andrade and Charlo, on paper him unifying vs a weak Murata and being IBF&WBA 160 Champ is better than anybody else you can name currently which speaks more on lack of ambition of other fighters than GGG being a good fight so if it must happen I can’t be mad and will likely be laughing by the end of the fight.

TEAM_LOMA and Jackomano like this.
  9. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    I get why some of their die hard fans would want to see it and sure there's still plenty of beef between the two fighters but Golovkin looked horrible in his last fight. Yeah he turned it around but if he starts that slowly vs Canelo he has no chance of winning on the scorecards.

While it's not as bad as say Bhop/RJJ 2, this fight really is meaningless because one of them is way over the hill. Even if Canelo shuts Golovkin out this time and everyone recognises it as a clear win it wouldn't alter the reality that it was an old GGG and that the first 2 fights are still highly controversial for many.

There's better fights out there to be made for Canelo. Fighting GGG is just retreading old ground and people would say he now just cherry picked an old GGG. I'd rather see him rematch Bivol or fight Benavidez or if he really wants to make a statement take on Beterbiev.

Jackstraw and TEAM_LOMA like this.
  10. navigator

navigator "Billy Graham? He's my man." banned Full Member

Nov 5, 2017
    I'm not interested, for reasons already stated;

Golovkin does nothing for Canelo in 2022 except make him some bucks, and Canelo can make bucks regardless. Leave the Kazakh stood with his hand out, I'd much rather see Canelo-Benavidez.

TEAM_LOMA likes this.
  11. Manfred

Manfred Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 22, 2011
    Canelo ain't got nowhere else to go.

12. lufcrazy

lufcrazy requiescat in pace Full Member

Sep 15, 2009
    Yeah.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  13. OldSchoolBoxing

OldSchoolBoxing Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 30, 2021
    Yeah, just a few uppercuts and that's all...

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  14. m.s.

m.s. Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2010
    168 lbs for all the belts.

Ted Stickles likes this.
  15. m.s.

m.s. Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2010
    GGG wants this fight, so I support it.

Pimp C likes this.