Non - All Time Great Fighters with ATG skills?

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by roughdiamond, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Bulldog24

Bulldog24 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 2, 2013
    Is there an official definition of 'ATG'?

2. young griffo

young griffo Boxing Addict Full Member

May 18, 2006
    As an ATG skill possessed by a non ATG fighter then Ike Quarteys left jab rates a mention. Its p4p one of the best I've seen watching boxing. Accurate, snapping, powerful and thrown effortlessly with perfect form.

His career might have been a bit disappointing in the long run but his left jab was an all time great one.

3. bowlingkid09

bowlingkid09 Member Full Member

Sep 12, 2015
    Jermain Taylor... nah just kidding. I would say Montell Griffin had CLOSE to having ATG skills at his best and so did Herol Graham. Sambu Kalambay, Donald Curry, and Winky Wright are very close to being ATGs but certain had ATG boxing ability.

roughdiamond likes this.
  4. Tramell

Tramell Hypocrites Love to Pray & Be Seen. Mathew 6:5 Full Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Jorge Linares. Only one thing is missing: durability. He gets cut, busted easily. Fast hands, beautiful combinations, solid footwork, ring IQ.

George Crowcroft likes this.
  5. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Anyone mentioned Jose Medel?

roughdiamond likes this.
  6. PhillyPhan69

PhillyPhan69 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Dec 20, 2006
    Joey Olivo showcased a brilliant jab. One that he used to great effect and it goes under the radar! A very good fighter with a great jab

edit:
    Zapata-best I faced
    BEST JAB

Joey Olivo: Joey Olivo had an advantage in reach over me and he gave me trouble in the early rounds because it’s not only the reach; he knew how to use his jab. It took me a couple of rounds to solve the situation and counter-punch the jab of Joey Olivo.

Myung Woo Yuh- best I faced

BEST JAB
    Joey Olivo: His jabs were not so fast but very accurate, and he had a good sense of distance. Therefore, it was very difficult to close the distance against him.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
  7. roughdiamond

roughdiamond Ridin' the rails... Full Member

Jul 25, 2015
    His actual timing with it was awesome.

PhillyPhan69 likes this.