Normal conditions Foreman KOs Ali

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Justchris17, Dec 11, 2019.

1. LoadedGlove

LoadedGlove Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 6, 2019
    The only thing beyond normality in that fight was Ali. I tell young guys about him now and they don't believe me. They go away and Google him and come back to me agog. An astonishing human being who cannot be measured in terms of normality.

2. Justchris17

Justchris17 Member Full Member

Nov 18, 2016
    “In the sultry tropical night (the temperature was 86° and the humidity about 90%)” pretty stuffy and demanding conditions which could cost a fighter the fight if underestimated and unprepared for wouldn’t you say?

3. Justchris17

Nov 18, 2016
    90%...

edabomb likes this.
  4. Justchris17

Nov 18, 2016
    So your agreeing the climate can change the outcome of a fight if it’s underestimated or your unprepared?

5. Justchris17

Nov 18, 2016

As you say foreman spent too much time Mingling with the press while Ali was preparing for fight of his life. Ali rose to occasion and done what was needed to be done, Foreman underestimated him and the conditions but in normal conditions that they were accustomed too these wouldn’t of been a factor and Ali wouldn’t of been able to use that against him and Foreman wouldn’t of faded as quickly which would mean Ali wouldn’t of had that mental edge during rope a dope that he was gonna fade rapidly because of that and less likely to take that punishment due to the mental aspect

Richard M Murrieta likes this.
  6. LoadedGlove

Dec 6, 2019
    It was Lewis's conditioning that made the difference. The altitude was the same for both lads. Depends which way you look at it. I guess if normal circumstances means that Lennox would have spent 3 weeks 7,000 feet above sea level then he blows Rahman away. Have a look back at the fight. Lewis looked sensational for 3 rounds then instantly gasses. Altitude did that to him only because he was so unprofessional in his preparation.

7. Justchris17

Nov 18, 2016
    Yes I agree in a way, Lewis done his training in Las Vegas compared to rachman who trained in Cape Town to acclimatise himself Lewis was fit and ready apart from didn’t take into account the altitude. Which is what I’m saying doesn’t matter how good you are if the climate is underestimated or not taking into account when preparing that can and will change the outcome, which is what I’m saying happened in the rumble in the jungle

8. LoadedGlove

Dec 6, 2019
    Re my later post Chris. The abnormal element in Kinshasa was Ali himself.

9. Dubblechin

Dubblechin Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 25, 2014
    The fight was postponed.

It was postponed for more than a month.

It was originally scheduled for Sept. 24. Foreman got cut. And it was rescheduled for the end of October. And everyone remained in Zaire. In fact, they weren't allowed to leave because the dictator there thought they wouldn't return.

Foreman had plenty of time to ADJUST to the conditions. Here was there for almost two months.

10. Dubblechin

Dubblechin Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 25, 2014
    Again, George Foreman was in Zaire for two months. He didn't just drop in for the fight.

11. Justchris17

Nov 18, 2016
    I know he didn’t just drop in and 2 months sounds a lot but doesn’t meant that it was enough time to acclimatise for a 15 round bout. I’ve spent 2 weeks trying to adjust to harsh temp/humidity while on holiday nvm training.