Not only did Wilder not lose on the cards, he should have won by ko

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by MVC!, Dec 29, 2018.

1. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    There's nothing wrong with the referee making sure Fury really was OK and could defend himself. If Fury had stumbled about he would have been TKO'd.

Real bias is Wilder getting an extra minute vs Ortiz to recover.

ludwig, de Morhalle, kk17 and 2 others like this.
  2. BoboFett

BoboFett Member Full Member

Dec 10, 2016
    Thought I was having one while reading it.

kriszhao and mirkofilipovic like this.
  3. don owens

don owens Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 5, 2005
    I should have won the mega million dollar lottery last night. The only problem was I had the wrong numbers.

BCS8 and Tankatron like this.
  4. MVC!

MVC! The Best Ever Full Member

Nov 5, 2013
    Except for the fact that he wasn't counting properly and delayed it/made a long ass count.

I guess what Marlon B Wright did was okay too, he had to make sure 100% that Bute was REALLY OK, had to make sure Andrade was in his corner, had to make sure to count extra slowly.

5. Aston Villa

Aston Villa Active Member banned Full Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Rules are rules, the count was legit..Fury getting up with front foot dominance after that shows he wasn't out cold. My boy just exercised his rights

6. Leeroy84

Leeroy84 Lancashire-la-la-la Full Member

May 7, 2016
    Fury should of had longer to recover..... You can't have it both ways..

Plus, anyone with a brain can see Wilder was hitting fresh air all night apart from twice.... Where the hell did he win these other rounds lol...

7. BCS8

Aug 21, 2012
    Referees often ask fighters to walk onto them, hand them their gloves and look into their eyes. He was doing his job. Imagine for a second that Fury had been really rocked and that he'd gotten to his feet out of instinct. The ref doesn't ask him to walk and the fight resumes instantly. Wilder swings from the floor and sends him to ICU. It's the same sort of thing that happened in Price / Povetkin where Price was stunned by an overhand and for an instant was on his feet but unable to protect himself. Povetkin nearly took his head off with the left. The referee needs to make sure, end of.

:facepalm: No, dude.

8. BCS8

Aug 21, 2012
    The count was not long. Jesus. Stop it with this already, we have watches. The count was exactly right and Fury was up before 10. So sorry.

9. MVC!

Nov 5, 2013
    There's plenty of evidence online to show that it was in fact, a long count. It was not exactly right.

10. Leeroy84

Leeroy84 Lancashire-la-la-la Full Member

May 7, 2016
    No count is going to be exactly right... this is why it is a count and not seconds.... the ref has to pick the count up off the time keeper and continue the count while assessing the fighter who is floored, tricky to do at the best of times i would imagine... Jack actually did a very good job of this part.... he just didnt notice Widler dancing about the ring... Mistake by Jack there...

11. Jamzy ⭐

Jamzy ⭐ Active Member Full Member

Oct 8, 2018
    Is that you Deontay?

BCS8, de Morhalle and Aston Villa like this.
  12. The Long Count

The Long Count Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 8, 2013
    Troll thread. Welcome back.
    Fury tap danced on Wilder all night. Even your hero Floyd admitted it. So Floyd is wrong?

13. MVC!

Nov 5, 2013
    The man didn't get up in 10, end of story.

To anyone who knows how to count, they could easily see that. Even Stevie Wonder/Ray Charles can see that ****.

Sephiroth Rising 7 likes this.
  14. DynamicMoves

DynamicMoves Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 15, 2010
    There is plenty to show that it wasn't long. Fury got up, just.

15. MVC!

Nov 5, 2013
    Perhaps you should watch it again and count properly. Or better yet learn to ciunt