Not only did Wilder not lose on the cards, he should have won by ko

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by MVC!, Dec 29, 2018.

1. Bollywooden

Bollywooden Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 8, 2014
  2. Leeroy84

Leeroy84 Lancashire-la-la-la Full Member

May 7, 2016
    There's plenty of evidence showing fury should of had longer..... Let's drop the count BS now, its boring, Jack did a sterling job all things considered.

I can't believe how one minute this forum is screaming about British stoppages, then the next thread whinging the count was a quarter of a second too long. Fighters safety first, yes, but for god sake Fury went on to rock Wilder.. He surely wasn't hurt enough to have the fight waved off.

Ph33rknot and Jamzy ⭐ like this.
  3. The Long Count

The Long Count Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 8, 2013
    Wilder lost 9-3 tops for him. Not only did Fury get up in time, he looked totally fine getting up no ill effects as he jogged in his corner and then won the remainder of the round lol.

4. DynamicMoves

DynamicMoves Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 15, 2010
    I can count, and I can spell.
    Watch the clock.

5. Sephiroth Rising 7

Sephiroth Rising 7 'No tears please!' banned Full Member

Sep 27, 2016
    That is how it is meant to go according to the rule book

Rule 4 - If either man falls through weakness or otherwise, he must get up unassisted, 10 seconds to be allowed him to do so, the other man meanwhile to return to his corner, and when the fallen man is on his legs the round is to be resumed and continued until the three minutes have expired.

The most a ref should be doing is asking the fighter to hold his gloves up and look in his eyes to see if he still has his wits there.

I have NEVER seen a referee give a fighter the luxury of walking off a knock down.

Jack Reiss is guilty of gross misconduct

red_roo and Southpawswitch like this.
  6. Ukansodoff

Ukansodoff Deontay plz stop ducking Joshua. Thank you. Full Member

Aug 7, 2010
    OH MVC once again trying to convince us all that we are all wrong and he is right. The one thing i really got from the Fury Wilder fight was i can now really appreciate why Wilder is ducking Joshua. Fury, like alot of Wilders opponents found it so easy to land on Wilder and Wilder once again was relying on his power alone to see him through another fight. Joshua would demolish this fraud, best to keep him running away and hiding in America refusing to come out and play. Just like last year when he ducked Joshua then too. Seems everytime Joshua has a fight lined up Wilder wants some but every time Joshua is free to make a fight with Wilder Wilder dont want it. Classic American ducking techniques weve seem them all done before.

JordanK2406 likes this.
  7. Ukansodoff

Ukansodoff Deontay plz stop ducking Joshua. Thank you. Full Member

Aug 7, 2010
    So youve never seen a ref ask a fighter to walk towards them to show they are on steady legs, its also a shame you couldnt find the bit where it says the refs have now been asked to ask the fighters to walk from left to right as if you are still in trouble walking side to side will give a more clear indication that a fighter isnt on those steady legs than walking forwards and thats what refs have been asked to do.

Also why dont you put 2 videos together, one with Furys supposed extra time and one from Wilder in the Ortiz fight being given extra time at the stat of one of the rounds. Lets see who has been given the most odd looking assistance.

red_roo likes this.
  8. mrtony80

mrtony80 Likes thick chicks Full Member

Sep 2, 2009
    I don’t think thr argument comes from the count, but from the fact that Fury was just lying flat on his back and could’ve been waved off. But the ref obviously saw something. I’ve seen guys down before, and you can immediately tell if they are in la la land or were just flashed. Fury seemed to just be confident that the ref knew he was taking a breather, which was very risky. Nady or Bayless may have waved it off.

Work the body and red_roo like this.
  9. Max Thunder

Max Thunder Proud member of the Cult of Vikings Full Member

Apr 25, 2017
    Fact!

Skins and Ph33rknot like this.
  10. Talivar

Talivar Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 22, 2008
    Why are we ignoring the fact Wilder left his corner?, if so many are going to argue about sticking to the rules why are they forgetting this part

11. Sephiroth Rising 7

Sep 27, 2016
    It's wasn't only the fact hat he was unresponsive fror 5-6 seconds, but when you look he only stood fully upright at 10 seconds and we have seen in nearly all fights, it's waved off for a TKO at that point.

Jack Reiss has even waved off it off like that in his previous fights he's officiated in

And then he has the cheek to call those questioning his stalling and questionable leniency as knuckleheads.

Do you honestly believe had Fury knocked Wilder down like that, people would be ok with the referee not only dragging out the count, not only letting Fury sleep but letting him walk around the ring and dance?

Come on, ;ets get real here and stop pretending that Jack didn't royally **** up. Do you know that Jack even admitted he wasn't thinking about honoring the rules of boxing when he gave Fury the extra time? Do you know what he said? He said he was doing what's best for boxing.

If it was up to me Jack Reiss wouldn't be ever allowed to set foot any where near a boxing ring.

red_roo and Southpawswitch like this.
  12. Aston Villa

Aston Villa Active Member banned Full Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Toyah Wilcox made a song about situations like this years ago

13. Aston Villa

Nov 22, 2011
    Fred Astaire'd his Mush for the full 12

14. Aston Villa

Nov 22, 2011
    Ref Joe Cortez even said it was "great Reffing" from Jack..Could jack be the greatest ref of all time ???? Yes, I think he might be !

15. Sephiroth Rising 7

Sep 27, 2016
    I don't care what Joe Cortez thought, he is a clown with a long history of **** ups and bias shown to fighters in the ring.

Just a corrupt ref back slapping another ref's corruption at work.