Not sure if I should continue boxing

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by dayuum, Dec 25, 2011.

1. dayuum

dayuum Active Member Full Member

May 21, 2011
    after every training I'm going home with a headache. In the llast two classes I got two seperate injuries, a perforated ear drum and a nearly broken nose. I really love boxing but I also have other priorities since I'm also trying to get into law school and I'm not sure if I have enough brain cells left to do so if I continue boxing. Also don't want to end up looking disfigured.

I guess the biggest issue is that nobody at my gym wears helmets when sparring and some people hit me like they try to knock me out. I try my best to block/dodge them but theres always a punch that slips through and when its with a 16oz glove on that punch will hurt and do damage

2. KillSomething

KillSomething Boxing Junkie Full Member

Dec 1, 2009
    haha **** that ****, find a new gym.

Or just hit them hard back.

3. dayuum

dayuum Active Member Full Member

May 21, 2011
    It's the only gym around since boxing is more or less dead in the netherlands. It's all about kickboxing/mma here

Hitting them back hard wouldn't solve the problem, besides my hook accuracy is terrible. more of a jab/straight guy

4. StillWill

StillWill Dr. Eisenfaust Full Member

Jul 12, 2010
    sparring without headgear? No good at all, I know in the Netherlands none of the kickboxers wear headgear either when sparring, which I have always thought is really stupid, especially since some gyms like GG and Mikes have a reputation for ****ing each other up in sparring..

5. MURDR

MURDR Active Member Full Member

Oct 16, 2011
    boxing isn't for you

6. Amrn4s

Amrn4s Active Member Full Member

Apr 14, 2011
    :good

7. Amrn4s

Amrn4s Active Member Full Member

Apr 14, 2011
    How long you been training?

8. KillSomething

KillSomething Boxing Junkie Full Member

Dec 1, 2009
    :blood

9. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
    lol i figure your joking :nut seeing as you have only just begun yourself and im guessing had no sparring experience?

10. Leonius

Leonius Member Full Member

Mar 19, 2011
    How the **** would you know?

11. zishan

zishan New Member Full Member

Mar 19, 2010
    my advice to you... buy yourself a headgear... a full face one which will protect your nose i believe i saw one, title 80 dollars.... if those guys dont wanna protect themselves, you might as well :D!

12. lefty

lefty Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 29, 2006
    Focus on law school buddy, boxing is just a sport and that sort of training will get you nowhere no matter how good you are.
    I also love how everybody is jumping on Murdr lol

13. brown bomber

brown bomber 2010 Poster of the Year Full Member

Jul 1, 2006
    What do u want more? To excel in law or excel in boxing- as nearly always leftys advice is top

14. MURDR

MURDR Active Member Full Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Because he's a quitter. It's boxing, you get hit...deal with it.

15. Matty lll

Matty lll Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Yeah but sparring without headgear is ****ing ridiculous. In my gym we go rough every now and again but his gym sounds terrible.