Now that we have seen tyson fury and deontay wilder fight, don't be bias joshua and wilder who wins

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Brutality, Dec 10, 2018.

1. Brutality

Brutality New Member Full Member

Nov 17, 2018
    Now that we have seen tyson fury and deontay wilder fight, don't be bias joshua and wilder who truly wins?

2. Deew

Deew Active Member Full Member

May 4, 2009
    50/50 brutal K.O by either man.

escudo, andrewa1 and gmurphy like this.
  3. UKboxingfan

UKboxingfan Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 28, 2018
    I like AJ but it’s a 50-50 and completely unpredictable. I think AJ will have a massive strength advantage, but AJ is still very vulnerable to getting caught by something. AJ has better finishing instincts.

4. de Morhalle

de Morhalle Member Full Member

Dec 1, 2018
    AJ within 4 maybe 3 rounds. Wilder has no repertoire to deal with the upper heavyweights. His skillset has been hotly debated and held suspect and the Fury fight proved he lacks quite a lot. AJ has the combo ability and the mental fortitude to blast through Wilder.

It's a bad sign when you know Wilder's only chance is the right . With AJ it could be straight right, upper-cut left hook or many others. Ask yourself this how many ways can you see Wilder winning and tally it up to how many ways you see AJ winning then you have a rough estimate of how the fight will MOST likely go.

I worry things are going to get worse for Wilder and I'm asking myself how many boxers could actually defeat Wilder?. I think Ortiz is suspect too his fight with Kaufman was atrocious .

5. Liquorice

Liquorice Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 13, 2018
    Depends who lands first. The wild & sloppy one or WK mark II? Either way its not going 12..

6. UKboxingfan

UKboxingfan Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 28, 2018
    @de Morhalle I’m with you on Ortiz. Him being this great killer and bogeyman is a complete myth made up by Wilder fans. Wilder got through a flurry by Ortiz and the old man was absolutely spent - gas tank empty. That’s hardly a killer to me. Add to that he’s beaten absolutely nobody.

Guybino, Sugar 88 and de Morhalle like this.
  7. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    AJ within 5 rounds.

What does Wilder do better than AJ?

8. rayhogan

rayhogan Dont worry Pac, you wont Full Member

Aug 26, 2006
    It's a 50/50 even fight in which Joshua might be alittle better pure boxer but he still gets hit alot in which means joshua ain't as slick like fury is. When wilder lands? He'll land more on joshua. But it depends who really land hard first. My guess is wilder by tko in the mid round.

9. rayhogan

rayhogan Dont worry Pac, you wont Full Member

Aug 26, 2006
    Is joshua slick and quick like fury? Easy answer is no joshua does hit harder then fury but he doesn't have fury boxing skills. It's really an even fight between wilder vs joshua.

10. LD Boxer-Puncher

LD Boxer-Puncher Well-Known Member Full Member

May 10, 2017
    I had saw it as a 55/45 Joshua fight before Wilder-Fury, but now I think its actually pretty comfortable for Joshua. Dillian Whyte II is a tougher fight for AJ than Wilder is.

Pez, bailey and de Morhalle like this.
  11. Tazz

Tazz Member Full Member

Dec 24, 2009
    AJ wins comfortably. I had thought we would see some improvement from Wilder against Fury, but he hasn't progressed at all.

All AJ has to do is match Washington's performance and with his power, it will be lights out for Wilder.

de Morhalle likes this.
  12. Anabolic

Anabolic New Member Full Member

Sep 15, 2017
    I favour AJ even more after what I saw from Wilder vs. Fury. AJ is nowhere near as skilled as Fury but anyone with decent fundamentals can troulbe Wilder, then throw in the power I think it'll be a K.O. in the early to mid rounds.

Wilder also admitted he was nervous and not timing his shots, he'd be like a deer in the headlights in front of 90k at Wembley.

de Morhalle likes this.
  13. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    The question wasn't about fury. I asked what does Wilder do better than AJ?

14. de Morhalle

de Morhalle Member Full Member

Dec 1, 2018
    AJ does plenty better than Wilder and for the most part Fury .
    1 AJ has the best combo punching and timing
    2 AJ not only hits harder on average, but hits better, his precision is far higher than either Wilder or Fury
    3 AJ has better ring movement and positional acumen than either fighter thus being able to cut opponents off better
    4 AJ never repeats his shots and instead mixes through body and head shots
    5 AJ can fight pressing or releasing something Wilder cannot do either and something Fury cannot do when pressing
    6 Fury never commits he is too skittish to commit thus his tactic is peck retreat peck retreat
    7 Pacing is a real trouble for Wilder his two speeds are all or nothing many punches thrown are not countered or he over throws
    8 Fury has only one pace a prancing deer like skittishness while excellent defensively does not help on the offence when pressed and cut off is a real problem for him
    9 AJ seizes initiative far better than Fury or Wilder thus able to dictate the movement pace and speed of the fight something even Wlad had trouble with, Fury had to hand on the outside and work the outer rim of the ring and Wilder I'm sure does not even know how many sides there are to the ring.

15. MeatFeastMan

MeatFeastMan Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 4, 2018
    Problem is...once Joshua catches you once, he ends up landing multiple, and you can't escape the onslaught. AJ just keeps on coming once he's found you. And Wilder is easy to figure out as Fury proved, so this matchup goes no longer than 6 rounds. Joshua smashes him to pieces. One punch from Deontay does not end the fight, it only opens up a relentless combination from AJ.

When Deontay puts his arms up to guard, Fury took advantage and threw some fancy combinations. AJ will exploit that. As soon as Wilder goes defensive, it is over.

de Morhalle likes this.