Now that we have seen tyson fury and deontay wilder fight, don't be bias joshua and wilder who wins

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Brutality, Dec 10, 2018.

1. Caballo67

Caballo67 Active Member Full Member

Oct 17, 2012
    Can't see past a Joshua win, although wilder always has the possibility of landing an equaliser.

2. _Scott_

_Scott_ Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 7, 2015
    Wilder is the better puncher and has by far the better chin. Joshua is more skilled and technically better, but Wilder puts his lights out.

3. UKboxingfan

UKboxingfan Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 28, 2018
    I wouldn’t say “by far”. Wilder has never taken a punch like the Klitschko right hand unless you can show me otherwise.

de Morhalle likes this.
  4. _Scott_

_Scott_ Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 7, 2015
    He took some heavy shots from both Ortiz and Fury without going down. Joshua was also wobbled versus Whyte and Povetkin. I think he won't get up like Fury did tbh.

5. UKboxingfan

UKboxingfan Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 28, 2018
    But you’re saying he has by far a better chin which isn’t true. Wilder would have gone down from the Klit right hand. I agree with you , AJ wouldn’t have got up but neither would Wilder if he got laid out like that.

I think their chins are on a similar level which is nowhere near as bad as some people make out.

de Morhalle likes this.
  6. The Akbar One

The Akbar One Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Joshua wins by KO.

de Morhalle likes this.
  7. Red Hulk40

Red Hulk40 Member Full Member

Sep 23, 2018
    Fury didn't really pose a threat to Wilder as Fury is not a big power puncher, Joshua is a power puncher and he will be able to KO Wilder, but Wilder can also KO Joshua as Joshua is not as fast as Fury and will be easier to hit, i would put my money on Joshua to win, it would be a great fight what ever happens .

8. ILikeBoxingForRealz

ILikeBoxingForRealz Active Member Full Member

Nov 29, 2018
    My pick is AJ. Possible stoppage.

9. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Still Joshua. By KO.

de Morhalle likes this.
  10. andrewa1

andrewa1 Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Apr 8, 2013
    I'd still make AJ a favorite, but the gap closed slightly. If it ends within 6, AJ probably wins, if it goes longer, Wilder.

If AJ is on seek and destroy mode, his power combined with his superior boxing skill makes him a favorite to me. But if he tries to outbox Wilder, plays it "safe" and is satisfied with it going to the cards, Wilder will eventually time him or do something unpredictable and tag him with something like he tagged Fury. If he does that, AJ ain't getting up.

11. rayhogan

rayhogan Dont worry Pac, you wont Full Member

Aug 26, 2006
    And yet fury easily beat wlad without breaking a sweat while Joshua barely beat wlad by tko. Joshua gets hit easy in which means he doesn't have the same level defense as fury does. Fury got quicker punches than joshua. All joshua has over fury is more pop in his punches.

12. rayhogan

rayhogan Dont worry Pac, you wont Full Member

Aug 26, 2006
    You made a prediction of joshua within 5 rounds and then you ask what does wilder do better then joshua? Wilder goes for the kill from round 1 to the end I guess . But joshua what does he have that's better than fury besides power?

13. 81ZAR

81ZAR Dr. Steelhammer Full Member

Jul 28, 2018
    Joshua. He has the skills and the power. Wilder will, of course, have a chance regardless of who he faces for obvious reasons.

14. bailey

bailey VIP Member Full Member

Dec 11, 2009
    I would strongly favour Joshua.
    Fury is a completely different style to Joshua but Fury was able to counter Wilder consistently. I think Joshua would be able to as well but think because he isnt a mover like Fury would probably be more set when throwing a big shot. Yes that may also leave him open but I have a feeling Joshua would land first and with a bigger effect.
    I think Joshua would win inside the distance

15. bailey

bailey VIP Member Full Member

Dec 11, 2009
    Yes I think due to styles that Whyte 2 could well be tougher but people are fooled by big KO% or undefeated records.

LD Boxer-Puncher likes this.