Now the dust has settled- AJ needs to sack bum trainer McCracken. Poor tactics vs short fighters>>

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by fitzroy boy_iron mike, Jun 16, 2019.

1. fitzroy boy_iron mike

fitzroy boy_iron mike Active Member Full Member

Oct 26, 2005
    I am not an AJ fan- I predicted he would get exposed here. But going forward, he simply needs to get rid of McCracken and install someone who will make him fight with common sense when fighting smaller men. He showed the same bad habits when fighting Povetkin which were ultimately exposed by Ruiz:
    • dont jab to the body (McCracken was asking for up and down jabs)
    • dont throw short punches (McCracken was asking for the uppercut hook- sure it knocked down Ruiz but it was at great risk)
    • keep very disciplined with the range (McCracken should make this the absolute core of his gameplan when fighting short guys with fast hands)
    • when you are gassed, keep the range and feint (McCracken was asking for AJ to get busier when he was gassed)
    McCracken is a bum amateur trainer who lucked out with specimens like AJ and Froch. AJ needs to ditch his fancy hook off the jab, uppercuts etc. He simply needs to develop a good Wlad style. He has not got the chin to be taking risks with.

2. Sephiroth Rising 7

Sephiroth Rising 7 'No tears please!' banned Full Member

Sep 27, 2016
    Mccraken instructed him on nearly every single point which you proposed.

He emphasized to Joshua to keep it long, and repeatedly stressed to Joshua not to look for hooks and break him down with the reach

Don't make a scapegoat of Rob for Joshua's inability to follow commands and think for himself.

Ph33rknot, sparta, DimitarB and 14 others like this.
  3. Liquorice

Liquorice Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 13, 2018
  4. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    when you are gassed, keep the range and feint, yes. (McCracken was asking for the uppercut hook- sure it knocked down Ruiz but it was at great risk) Yes:
    This content is protected

5. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    He told AJ to throw uppercuts in a certain round, he was purely guessing, therre was no science behind anything he was saying.

fitzroy boy_iron mike likes this.
  6. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    https://www.instagram.com/barryboxing/ I gave AJ this video as an example of my film work when negotiating to train with him. Team Joshua has 0 shame. They deceive the public behind great media training, public speaking, and pure manipulation. I was in negotiation to work with Team AJ. First they wanted me to train as an assistant, then they tried to beat me in the head to teach their video guy how to do video properly. It was so frustrating playing games with them and them trying to get over on me that I walked away from the negotiation. Lawrence Okolie manager tried to son son me by saying but Barry your social media presence would grow. They didn't understand I love boxing. Not lying, deceit, and manipulation. Anyway never believe anything they put in the media, its more than likely a lie. Yes Wilder beats AJ easy.

7. Sephiroth Rising 7

Sephiroth Rising 7 'No tears please!' banned Full Member

Sep 27, 2016
    Oh wow, he instructed him to throw uppercut which is the shot which knocked Ruiz down. Terrible trainer indeed.

Why don't you sharee with us know how many world champions you trained up and reveal a little about the science you used?

As for RM, I'm sure he will be relieved if he was sacked, as it would be a weight off his shoulders not having the burden of having to remind walk Joshua through the basics, whilst being overly protective in having to ensure Joshua is told to keep his chin down at all times.

Probably has to instruct him on how to use the toilet

'Open seat, sit down''

'' Legs apart Josh, relax, ''

''Don't strain too hard''

''Use roll on side, finish, then flush,''

sparta, ipitythefool and Jackomano like this.
  8. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    Barry Robinson made a vid on how Ruiz and Povetkin studied AJ`s signiture combo the uppercut followed by the hook, they both timed him on that, why didn`t McCracken study Ruiz? Also Robinson was in negotiations to be a part of AJ`s training team, but didn`t like how AJ`s peole treated him and he walked, Robi knows more about boxing than Me and McCracken

fitzroy boy_iron mike likes this.
  9. Angler Andrew

Angler Andrew Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 28, 2016
    The real crime with Joshua and his team is how stubborn they've been over lifting stupid weights that don't do anything for boxing.
    Talk about being muscle bound,his boxing isn't bad imo,his gas tank is.

10. thesmokingm

thesmokingm Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 18, 2009
    If he didn't understand before, he should have realized it after getting pummeled by Ruiz.

11. Angler Andrew

Angler Andrew Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 28, 2016
    Needs to drop the weights and go running.Truly embarrassing being a top pro and gassing out after four rounds.

12. gdm

gdm Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Mar 20, 2011
    You just don’t get it stiff boy is just not that good . Imo he can only win fights when everything is stacked in his favor, he needs his referee , judges , juice exemptions and everything else. Brits still call him gold medalist lol, although he lost like 3 fights in olympics and should have been out after very first fight . His fights with old shot wlad and povetkin proved he is just a poor mans wlad .

13. RingKing75

RingKing75 Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Dec 23, 2013
    Agreed. The thing is that when AJ did do those things he kept getting hit and became gun-shy and started hesitating. He didnt trust his trainer enough to stick with what he was being told because he kept getting hit. The problem wasn't what he was instructed to do the problem was that AJ is so mechanical that he doesnt go from defense to offense and back to defense fluidly and he kept getting caught after throwing his shots.

14. Sugar 88

Sugar 88 The Empire Struck Back Full Member

Feb 4, 2012
    You should train Charlie Z. I think you'd he a perfect match.

Staminakills, gdm and DoubleJab666 like this.
  15. Manfred

Manfred Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 22, 2011
    Joshua thought that Ruiz was gonna lay down. That was a simple fight for him to win. Jab, jab, right hand, fake jab. right hand left hook, check left hook. All night long.

Sugar 88 likes this.