Nutrition for boxing

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by RDJ, Aug 14, 2009.

1. Jdsm

Jdsm Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 8, 2010
    I'd go with water. Not too much though, you'll be surprised how much juice comes from the veg once it's blended.

2. Jdsm

Jdsm Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 8, 2010
    Depends.

For one person it is, for another person it isn't. Needs context.

3. paulgreig22

paulgreig22 Cruiserweight Full Member

Nov 12, 2012
    Breakfast - 3 Poached Eggs, Spoon full of baked beans, 2 x brown toast
    Lunch - Chicken Breast & Salad
    Dinner - Pasta & Veggies

Any good?

4. det

det Member Full Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Packed in drinking and ive been having 6 supermalts over the weekend, whats peoples opinions on them? Also anyone who boxes/trains have i.b.s? Ive got it and its a ****in nightmare!

5. m_itchell

m_itchell New Member Full Member

Mar 17, 2013
    hi everyone i'm new here this is my first post first off I'd like to say thanks for all the great info I'm 5'10 and 165 pounds I'm trying to lose body fat % and have more lean muscle I live a good 40 minutes away from the boxing gym with traffic I've been taking a sliced apple with almond butter is that a good snack for getting me through until i make it home?

and also after i work out is it best just to eat mostly veggies then some meat and go easy on carbs for decreasing body fat?

any help at all is greatly appreciated

sincerley mitchell

6. m_itchell

m_itchell New Member Full Member

Mar 17, 2013
    by the way I eat tons of fresh veggies and fruits is having salad for a snack between my meals a good idea or should every meal including snacks have a carb protein fat? thanks again

7. Farmboxer

Farmboxer VIP Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Arreola and Toney recommend fast foot, lots of it.

8. alisdfd

alisdfd New Member Full Member

May 19, 2013
    I started my nutrition by buying supplements from my local supermarket
    i bought a multivitamins & minerals complex from sainsburys and a joints supplement

the problem i have is that i am lactose intorelant hence I took little amount of calcium when I was little thus the joints makes a popping sound whenever I do training

is there any solution for that? any diet i can go on

9. vichrz

vichrz Member Full Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Almond/ Vanilla milk maybe?

10. TyHag6

TyHag6 New Member Full Member

Oct 24, 2013
    Great thread, I'm just curious why a lot of you are cutting carbs? I'm a nutrition major, but new to the world of boxing(3 months training) and I have upped my carb intake... However it is in whole grains and fruit etc.

11. oatman12345

oatman12345 Active Member Full Member

Dec 25, 2008
    Does anybody know the effects of junk food on athletic performance?

12. viru§™

viru§™ Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 28, 2007
    Define "junk food."

13. oatman12345

oatman12345 Active Member Full Member

Dec 25, 2008
    ice cream, biscuits, fried dumplings & fish etc

14. GNARL

GNARL Member Full Member

Nov 26, 2007
    If you are an athlete training in anaerobic containing sport(boxing, weight lifting, sprinting, etc), you will need carb intake to match these activity levels and allow recovery. This will also replenish glycogen and avoid catabolism. Fruit, root vegetables, and white rice are best. These are the most toxin-free. I would recommend a general avoidance of whole grains as they contain many anti-nutrients that can damage the lining of your intestine and cause a constantly low level of inflammation.

15. GNARL

GNARL Member Full Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Yes to all of those points. Match calorie intake to activity levels and minimize food toxins (grains, legumes, processed oils).