O2 - Saturday 20th heavyweights

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Citizen Smith, Jul 17, 2019.

1. vargasfan1985

vargasfan1985 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 8, 2008
    Stay away from you? Lmao. You sound like. Little twaaat.

2. Limerickbox

Limerickbox Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 18, 2015
    I think Chisora isn the biggest banker of the night.
    Theres no odds on Whyte and Allen-Price could go either way.

3. Boxingfan200

Boxingfan200 USYK #1 P4P banned Full Member

Feb 5, 2017
    price rivas and del boy

4. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    "Price decision +2000 is great value"

:risas3::risas3::risas3::risas3::risas3::risas3::risas3::risas3::risas3::risas3::risas3::risas3::risas3::risas3::risas3::risas3::risas3::risas3::risas3::risas3::risas3::risas3::risas3::risas3:

Dude you do know that Price is incapable of doing more than 6-7 rounds without collapsing in exhaustion?

If it goes beyond 4 rounds, then Allen will simply Homer Simpson Price

If Price still had some belief in himself he would go out all guns blazing, throwing bombs from the opening seconds and look to land bombs on Allen. He would definitely get the stoppage in 2-3 rounds with such strategy. But he is unable to follow that gameplan since Thompson took his soul away, and now fights overly cautious

DoubleJab666 likes this.
  5. Ken Ashcroft

Ken Ashcroft Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Chisora I’m really not too sure off. He should win but that guy has had so many wars especially in the last couple of years that it wouldn’t surprise me if he falls apart at any moment.

6. Citizen Smith

Citizen Smith Active Member Full Member

Jul 12, 2019
    Just to put some reasoning behind my initial post re Allen and Whyte.

After watching Rivas I think he's possibly a little bit to a fair bit over rated. Boxrec have him at 14th and I suppose that's fair enough but he's behind Pulev, Kownacki and Brezeale and I'd have Whyte being far too much for those 3. Rivas is one dimensional. Step, step, forward, step, step, back, one two and repeat. I don't know if Whyte still holds the compubox record for punches thrown but that was over 1,000 against Allen in 2016. Unlike some, I don't think Whyte is any better than he was then, but to be fair he ought to be at least as good as that version. As such he should be all over Rivas and the betting looks correct at 1/5. Eddie's hyping the fight saying it'll be a war but from what we know so far it'll be a one sided one.

Allen v Price - will just copy what I posted on one of the youtube previews; I like David Price as a man but we have to be realistic. What has Price ever achieved? Vacant English and British and retained it, then nothing else and that was 7 years ago. Meanwhile Allen takes super Tony Yoka to the last round, Whyte all the way and sub prime Ortiz, but still a lot better than current Ortiz and he took him well past halfway. Price, regardless of his size and perceived punch power, is nowhere. When Allen says Price has achieved far more, he is either giving deference to the older guy or he is playing. Allen has achieved nothing (with regard to titles and belts), but from his opponent quality perspective he is miles above Price.

And going back to that Whyte / Allen fight with Whyte's record output, Allen taking the whole lot and not going down has to be commendable. Allen seems to have got the point lately and has a focus and is looking 2 fights beyond this to be financially secure, then to get out fairly intact, though he has taken an awful lot of shots so far. I don't know why Price is still fighting apart from picking up a cheque. Not sure how much they'll earn but as a lower level support act for no title I imagine it's a couple hundred K? I stand to be corrected on that, but i'll be halfway decent for what it is.

7. Citizen Smith

Jul 12, 2019
    I may stay clear of it Anjaw. The more I see the big money ppv's, the more I think there's more to it than who ought to win. I thought Broner had all the tools to beat Pacman and he probably does, but he is either lazy or was there for the payday. Pacman was totally ineffective in the back half of that fight and it was only Broner's lack of output that made it lopsided.

Pac is in financial strife with the IRS after him in the US and the Philipines. It's said his debts are in the 10's of millions of dollars. He got 20 for Broner and gets 20 for Thurman so i'll go someway to paying it, but really, 40 years old legend still having to fight? Lots of problems there. There's also a report I read that Haymon will release him after the Thurman fight so what does that tell us? That would only make sense if they know he'll lose to Thurman? I have Thurman as an easy winner if there's no meddling but he also has problems with the time out and he's been talking about commentating once he is beaten. He'd be a great commentator but that's the talk of a beaten man form a fighting perspective. I'm just very wary of this fight form a betting standpoint, though if it's bona fide then I have Thurman easyish win.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
    anjawnaymiz likes this.
  8. ipitythefool

ipitythefool Prediction ? Pain Full Member

Mar 17, 2017
    Seriously ? c'mon he was badly struggling against Gash Ali (who is area level at best) before Ali did his vampire act.

Price is a much better boxer than Allen but he's scared of his own shadow and boxes with no confidence whatsoever. I've got Price gassing then collapsing in round 5.

9. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Don’t forget this is heavyweights, pricey had hammer in trouble at one point and he even wobbled Povetkin before getting starched, I’m not saying he beats Allen but if he gets the ko it wouldn’t surprise me.

I think Rivas does well early and possibly drops whyte at some point before getting stopped himself probably around the 9

I’m still 50/50 on manny vs Thurman, part of thinks Thurman boring ud the other thinks manny just too busy and fast for rusty Thurman

Citizen Smith likes this.
  10. Citizen Smith

Jul 12, 2019
    What I will probs do is try to get a firm opinion on Del/Szpilka and if/once I have the treble set up, add Thurman to a 4 timer for just a small stake, but to concentrate main bet on the treble.

Been watching Szpilka against Kownacki. Is there a screw loose with Szpilka? Getting hit flush in round 4 then dropping both hands and taking an absolute beating. He is horrible to watch. Evasive but not very industrious with the punches. I always have Del Boy at the level of punch bag (maybe a little unfair on him) but as far as those who have beaten him; Whyte KO, Kabayel MD, Whyte SD, Pulev SD, Fury a cople times, Haye, Vitali and the first loss a robbery by Helenius. Even at this stage of Del's career it would seem very odd seeing Szpilka's name in that list? As for Szpilka he looks much older than 30.

anjawnaymiz likes this.
  11. Dannymita

Dannymita Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 21, 2019
    I've been lookin at it as... Allen while he has no defence... Can take a dig and give a half decent one... Everyone keeps saying price has that one punch power to change a fight.... I haven't seen him throw one with anything like venom since the povetkin fight.... I expected him to get rid of kash Ali quick and he didn't

I think he's just too scared now cos he knows a half decently times shot will take him out.. Shame really... He used to be packing dynamite

12. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    The only certain winners tomorrow night are Hearn, Sky and the idiotic Sky Commentary Team (minus Andy Clarke, the man is legit and should be running things) if you buy this PPV.

It's a disgusting card, rancid, absolutely awful, the worst I've seen in a very very long time.

I'm still in a little bit of shock this is actually a PPV card.

Who honestly believed this was Box Office? Who in those offices thought

Chisora who has lost 9 times Vs A man who's claim to fame is being knocked out.

The ridiculously boring Okolie Vs a late substitute who was KO'd by a fighter 17-17-1 recently enough

Price a consistent let down and loser Vs Allen another loser who plays the fool and hardly throws punches

Whyte against a man casual Boxing fans wouldn't have heard of..

And no world title fights, a southern area title fight warrants an extra £19.95 on your monthly Sky bill?

I personally hope this event fails, not because of the fighters, it's not their fault, but Hearn and Sky are now taking ridiculous liberties with British Boxing fans.

I hope people lose jobs over this crap, it's beyond disgusting.

Gazanta87 and anjawnaymiz like this.
  13. Citizen Smith

Jul 12, 2019
    I understand the feeling there and Allen himself was vocal in his appraisal of the card a couple months ago, stating he himself wouldn't buy it. The problem is that we are starved of proper heavyweight boxing. Fury has tied himself up with that filhty ESPN deal, Wilder is going back raking over old coals after lamping Brezeale, Whyte is being left out in the cold while Ruiz and AJ may or may not rematch but will be tied up with lawyers if team Ruiz decide not to. For twenty quid I'm happy with a few hours entertainment even if it's not top notch. I mean it's more than that for what is often a bad or boring footy match.

N17 likes this.
  14. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    I didn't catch that, LOL, Allen wouldn't buy it himself, at least he is honest.

I was exactly the same for a long time, it gave me a few hours of entertainment and itmwas never about money but I personally can't keep supporting this PPV model and the more people keep buying these cards the worse they seem to get.

Also, I'm am seriously anti Price, how this loser keeps getting on TV and PPV cards is beyond any reason, for the last 5 years it's been "last chance saloon"

Hearn and Price have given new meaning to "last chance saloon", it now means chance after chance after chance.

Citizen Smith likes this.
  15. Citizen Smith

Jul 12, 2019
    Yeah apparently Hearn went off on Allen for saying that and Allen told him to eff off :) He's some lad is Dave, I just have to love him. Agreed on Price, he seems a nice fella and I don't really want to see either of them sparked out.