Obscure Footage - Bob Foster vs Pierre Fourie II Highlights From Rand Stadium, Johannesburg

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Russell, May 27, 2024.

1. Russell

Russell VIP Member Full Member

Apr 1, 2007
    I'll be putting up highlights of the Jorge Ahumada bout soon if I can get my video editor to stop being a pain in my ass. Stay tuned!

This content is protected

2. Richard M Murrieta

Richard M Murrieta Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 16, 2019
    I remember both title bouts, Pierre Fourie was a game light heavyweight contender, he went 15 rounds both times with champion Bob Foster, Jorge Ahumada went 15 rounds with Foster on June 17 1974, the result being a 15 round draw, it forced Foster into retirement, the WBA no.1 contender was Victor Galindez of Argentina and the WBC no.1 contender was John Conteh from England. Conteh decisioned Ahumada on Oct 1 1974 to win the WBC title and Galindez stopped Len Hutchins in the 13th round in Dec 1974 to win the WBA Title.

LoadedGlove likes this.
  3. Russell

Russell VIP Member Full Member

Apr 1, 2007
    How do you guys reckon a younger Foster would have fared against fightgers he struggled with late in his career like Ahumada and Hazelton?

Richard M Murrieta likes this.
  4. Richard M Murrieta

Richard M Murrieta Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 16, 2019
    Foster would have kayoed them early, that left hook of his was dangerous.

Greg Price99 and Russell like this.
  5. LoadedGlove

LoadedGlove Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 6, 2019
    Nice one Russell. Thanks for this. Don McRae gives it a fair bit of space in his first Boxing book, Dark Trade.

Russell and Richard M Murrieta like this.