October26th 02 card

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Bridie mcmahon, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Bridie mcmahon

Bridie mcmahon Active Member banned Full Member

Sep 10, 2015
    Interested to know if anybody thinks this will sell out? Supposedly sold around 12.000 as of now.tbh I thought it would have sold out by now!.also how well do you think it will do in ppv numbers?

2. Fhaggis

Fhaggis Active Member Full Member

Oct 12, 2016
    I’m gonna buy the ppv for taylor

KingKO likes this.
  3. Trafford

Trafford Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    I think it’s sells around 12-14k and I think it does around 200k PPV buys. The hardcore will buy it and anyone who feels like watching the fights on a night in.

I think it needs one more named fighter in a decent fight to push the numbers. Taylor hasn’t got much of a casual profile neither has prograis. I think if they had Kell Brook on the card in a keep busy fight or even maybe David Price it would sell the place out and drive the casuals up.
    I think it’s a great card but will only turn a small profit once you’ve paid WBSS and Chisora/Parker

Fhaggis and Holler like this.
  4. T_S_A_R

T_S_A_R Member Full Member

Jan 9, 2011
    It's London so they will be able to shift most unsold tickets on Groupon and sites like that in the week running up to the event.

5. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Who’s arsed how many tickets it sells or PPV sales.
    It’s a great night of boxing. As a boxing fan sit back and enjoy it.

6. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
    i dont think i could enjoy it unless i knew how many people bought the fight.

ipitythefool and Jurgen like this.
  7. emallini

emallini Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Mar 16, 2008
    Another numbers thread

Potwash likes this.
  8. Smudge_

Smudge_ Teak tough Full Member

Jan 23, 2018
    This content is protected

Quite sad watching Burns' interview here after the fight last night where he's visibly emotional and upset. He felt like he won it, and that was my gut feeling too even though I didn't score it RBR. I'd have to watch it back to give a proper opinion on who won, but it wasn't entertaining enough for me to watch it again to be honest.

I'd like Ricky to hang 'em up now, he's got a good legacy intact and nothing more to prove. I think he'll box on though.

ScottishGypsy89 likes this.
  9. Shakermaker

Shakermaker Active Member Full Member

Mar 19, 2019
    Tough watch that. Never been a massive Burns fan but can’t question his heart and love for the sport. Hope he hangs them up now though, had a career to be proud of. Top man

Turpins chin, ryanm8655 and Smudge_ like this.
  10. Emerald Oracle

Emerald Oracle Active Member Full Member

Nov 29, 2014
    He should of got the decision, ridiculous scorecards from the judges.

11. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Was one of the most boring fights I’ve seen all year. I stopped scoring it midway but it’s one of these fights where for judges it depends what you like. Personally I preferred Selby’s work over Burns but I was so bored I wasn’t paying full attention.

Scissors likes this.
  12. bbjc

bbjc Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 25, 2012
    Feel for burns. Hes still a decent fighter....but for his own sanity he needs to call it a day. Must be hard going from where he was to where he is now. To his credit hes still good...but hes slipped just enough to start losing to guys he would have beaten. You need to know when to get out of boxing. Theres no doubting hes still physically capable of competing at a decent level. But what does that do to your sanity when your still chasing the highs hes had.

Looks to me hes now showing a slightly different character....because hes slipping. Not through any fault of his own but no ones superman. Looks like its frustrating him. It ends up eating you up mentally....on top of that the punches hes taking at this stage cant be good for him. Hard to give up when your still good but its the right decision. Rickys had a career and a half...should be proud of what hes achieved. Farewell fight in scotland....and call it a well deserved day.

Smudge_ likes this.
  13. Fhaggis

Fhaggis Active Member Full Member

Oct 12, 2016
    Had a few drinks and pals where talking nonsense at the time but felt like Shelby had upper hand, though Burns beat Crolla...

14. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    By order of the Peaky Blinders!!!!

15. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    Watching that interview is hard, it's easy to forget that only a few years ago Ricky was at the top of the game. He's left a great legacy, the best in Scotland's history.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
    Twentyman likes this.