Odds going down for Kovalev vs Yarde

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by TEAM_LOMA, Aug 21, 2019.

1. TEAM_LOMA

TEAM_LOMA This is Boxing Full Member

Mar 13, 2019
    Surprisingly, Kovalev is becoming less and less of a favorite as we approach closer to fight day. I don't know why this is quite frankly but to any of my fellow bettors out there, this is something to keep an eye on.

S.K likes this.
  2. Gennady

Gennady Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 10, 2017
    They won’t hesitate to rob Yarde, especially in Russia

The Canelo-Kovalev megafight needs to happen

Reinhardt and George Crowcroft like this.
  3. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    I've noticed the odds, I haven't had a bet yet.

I'm like a Lion in the jungle, watching the antelope pass, I'll wait and wait and I'll instinctively know when the time is right to strike.. then I'll grab something juicy.

I'm waiting for Kovalev to edge towards 8/13 and if something crazy happens maybe even 8/11 and then I'll go ALL IN.

BigStiffIdiot, Scissors and MrFoFody like this.
  4. vargasfan1985

vargasfan1985 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 8, 2008
    I’m waiting until the weigh in. If Kovalev looks in good shape, I can’t see how he loses this.

5. vargasfan1985

Mar 8, 2008
    I agree. Kovalev would lose a massive, career high payday if he doesn’t take care of Yarde. It would ruin his career in a mega fight earnings sense.

Not to mention, aside from youth, Yarde has nothing on Kovalev.

Reinhardt likes this.
  6. Sugar 88

Sugar 88 The Empire Struck Back Full Member

Feb 4, 2012
    I think the concern is that Kovalev has become an alcoholic and may show up completely finished. His behaviour has been erratic of late and he's had numerous incidents outside the ring with Yarde a completely unknown quantity. The people who like Yarde's chances either know something terrible about Kovalev or they are the kind of dopes who buy loot crates.

L.Everett likes this.
  7. velagod

velagod Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 20, 2012
    If he was fighting a Hungarian with exact same record of opponent’s as yarde kov would be massive massive favourite with the bookies. It’s just loads of English fans putting money on yarde.

I personally will take advantage of it I’m loving the odds on kov to win by ko.

It’s exact same thing with the connor floyd fight the odds were stupidly to short and it was purely cause many Irish fans put money on there hometown boy.

8. vargasfan1985

Mar 8, 2008
    Kovalev didn’t sound like a fighter who is going through the motions. He said he was gonna make Yarde pay. I believed it.

9. vargasfan1985

Mar 8, 2008
    I concur.

I would only be worried if Kovalev decides to box from a distance and win on points. I’m tempted to go the money line and take him outright.

velagod likes this.
  10. sid

sid Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2013
    With Kovalev atm i agree,wait till the weigh in & see if he's in shape.
    Yarde can bang if he catches Kovalev then who knows.

Reinhardt likes this.
  11. Sugar 88

Sugar 88 The Empire Struck Back Full Member

Feb 4, 2012
    He believes it but if he's having problems he's not going to be able to reasonably judge his situation properly.

12. vargasfan1985

Mar 8, 2008
    It goes one of two ways for my betting on this fight

If he’s in shape, I’m taking him outright

If he’s not in shape, one of them will go to sleep, so I would bet on it not going 12

TEAM_LOMA likes this.
  13. Sammy123

Sammy123 Money Maker Staff Member

Apr 15, 2015
    I'm not convinced of Kovalev winning. He's shown he's weak to the body and is very susceptible to a straight right hand.

The fact that he fought scared of Eleider Alvarez's right hand in the second fight is also troublesome. It looked like he was about to panic whenever Eleider threw or about to throw a right hand. Alvarez is not a hard puncher. And neither is Ward yet both managed to sneak right hands to his jaw and wobble him.

I would not be surprised if Yarde KO's Kovalev, that era of dominance is more than likely gone.

14. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    I want to pick Kovalev by stoppage but worried Yarde gets smashed, survives the round and pulls out with an injury so it ends up being a td and not ko

lepinthehood likes this.
  15. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
    Krusher by ko all the way.

CST80 likes this.