Ogogo is a quitter

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by dfgtruk, Oct 22, 2016.

1. dfgtruk

dfgtruk New Member Full Member

Dec 20, 2007
    No heart, no stamina, too predictable

Just living of his fame from olympics and reality TV showings

Will be domestic gatekeeper if anything

2. yesihavearm2

yesihavearm2 ESB Chinchecker Full Member

May 30, 2008
    Ogogo needs to retire. He just isn't a fighter.

3. yesihavearm2

yesihavearm2 ESB Chinchecker Full Member

May 30, 2008
    Forgot to add he also clearly has a Glass Jaw.

4. DirtyOldTown

DirtyOldTown Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 24, 2016
    Glass hearted joker. I'm a Celebrity starts next month, don't be surprised to see him in the jungle.

5. emallini

emallini Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Mar 16, 2008
    Like your mother

6. troy

troy Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 7, 2010
    He was looking for a way out a couple rounds before he quit no heart wont be watching him again

7. gmurphy

gmurphy Land of the corrupt, home of the robbery! banned Full Member

Oct 30, 2013
    i personally hate him, got he's medal at the olympics after getting pummeled in the first rounf by khytrov

more interested in reality tv then boxing

claims guys 10 times better than anyone he has been up against are only calling him out for a payday and are beneath him

we can add quitter to that list now

Robney likes this.
  8. Canning

Canning Member Full Member

Apr 21, 2015
    What's happening lately with all these boxers quitting Ogogo , Brook , Braehmer etc its making a mockery of the sport.

Jobless Jarman likes this.
  9. jcairns1

jcairns1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 3, 2011
    I reckon he needs to hang the gloves up, looks like he doesn't have what it takes, good amateurs don't always make good pro's

10. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Ogogo is poor. Outboxed, no chin. Some idiots were calling for a fight with Eubank. He's going nowhere. Maybe he should go back to the AMs and maintain his good looks for TV. Maybe he could become a Blue Peter presenter.

11. Sephiroth Rising 7

Sephiroth Rising 7 'No tears please!' banned Full Member

Sep 27, 2016
    A disgusting shameless bum with misplaced arrogance

12. saintsmike

saintsmike Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 26, 2005
    That's what you get if you're matched badly, he's been in with poor journeymen and couldn't handle a live fighter. Compare that to Jnr who was matched tough against teak-tough journeymen who came to win, so when he stepped up he was ready.
    Ogogo will probably "come again" but it will be a long slow painful road back and he'll have to be matched very well, he needs fighters like Cunningham.
    What worried me apart from his chin was his awful timing and poor power, his footwork was terrible and his handspeed was average, he'll be very lucky to EVER get past domestic level.

13. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    He don't look right to me, he looks like he has been chewed up once to often in sparring.

If you didn't know his background, the hype, his record and what some people expect of him and watched him tonight firstly you would think he was very poor and secondly with his terrible balance, lack of head movement, awful footwork and almost zero punch resistance you'd say he looks shot to pieces.

Although he is only 27 years old it is over for him in my opinion.

toxedo911 and Makingweight like this.
  14. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Just seen most of the fight.

Ogogo quit because he was completely gassed and completely outclassed, and was on the verge of being knocked out.

He clearly lacks the mental strength and the toughness required in the pro ranks. Some amateurs never make the transition.

I suspect also that he has not properly trained for the fight and not been dedicated enough. All of the celebrity stuff is clearly what he is really interested in

15. Sephiroth Rising 7

Sephiroth Rising 7 'No tears please!' banned Full Member

Sep 27, 2016
    Just goes to show how easy it was to steal gold medals at the London Olympics for native fighters. That is what this Ogogo fraud did along with Anthony Joshua. Steal medals that should have been awarded to the better fighters who got the better of them.

Now this undisciplined beast has brought shame to his country.

He didn't even finish the round and quit on his stool. He basically begged the ref and his trainer mid fight to quit.

In all of the boxing I've witnessed through the years, I've never seen such a disgraceful cowardly quit job that would put even the most wretched bovine to shame. This is certainly the first and it had to be from a half made brit.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016