Ogogo is a quitter

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by dfgtruk, Oct 22, 2016.

1. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Not really. He still looked poor prior to the KD. He was totally lost with the southpaw stance.

In any event his chin would limit his career. He was decked and seriously hurt by a 154 fighter with 3 KO wins at the time.

2. lencoreastside

lencoreastside Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 27, 2010
    Yes indeed really - it now appears he may have been injured BEFORE the fight. So he was hopelessly handicapped from the start. Never stood a chance. Not saying he would be all that great even if fully healthy - but all bets are off when a man is injured, in fairness.

3. Windrunner07

Windrunner07 Active Member Full Member

Jun 14, 2015
  4. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    He said he realised something was wrong after round 1, as did the promoter.

Therefore the injury happened in round 1, not before the fight.

CutThroatFade likes this.
  5. bbjc

bbjc Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 25, 2012
    Only caught the action from the third but something did look off with ogoggo. Balance looked terrible in there.

People a bit too harsh on boxers nowadays. Its exactly the mindset that gets people hurt.

Sometimes it is better to call it a night and come back to fight another day.

lencoreastside likes this.
  6. CutThroatFade

May 25, 2015
    Do you really think he would have entered the ring if he had bad vision? He was schooled end of story.

toxedo911 likes this.
  7. CutThroatFade

May 25, 2015
    On the subject of Spike, he should fight David Lemieux. Would be entertaining, bombs away.

8. lencoreastside

Dec 27, 2010
    Exactly right. Far too many armchair warriors preaching what boxers should and shouldn't do.

9. lencoreastside

Dec 27, 2010
    At what point in round one. Shouldn't we have noticed the savage punch that did the damage? Or the sickening clash of heads?
    Did you notice it ? I didn't.
    You don't wreck a eye socket without a major impact. How come nobody saw it?

10. KermitTheFrog

KermitTheFrog The people doing the banning are idiots Full Member

Sep 5, 2012
    I'm not sure what's hard to understand here. It seem more than likely that he had an injury going into the fight that he thought he could fight through. One punch in the right spot could make it worse to the extent that it seriously affected him.

11. gmurphy

gmurphy Land of the corrupt, home of the robbery! banned Full Member

Oct 30, 2013
    tbh ogogo was no where near the amateur campbell was

ogogo got hammed in the am's by Singh, O'Kane, Quigley X2, Darren O'Neill etc

ogogo struck gold , a home games where he got a blatent robbery in the first round and got a medal. he was very much a middle of the road amateur who was never suited to the pro game

In comparision, campbell was an elite amateur who i would have had in the top 3-5 in he's weight class for the final 2 years of he's amateur life

12. troy

troy Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Look he said he was in tip top shape feeling amazing.. i think he got hurt rather early in the fight and thought **** it

13. Kokiri

Kokiri Member Full Member

Apr 15, 2016
    Christ a great degree of schadenfruede going on in this thread. It seems like every time an unbeaten prospect takes a loss a swarm of smart Alecs converge to stick the boot in. It was a poor performance but I hope he recovers from his injuries and gets it back together. I feel that he is capable of winning a British title.

lencoreastside likes this.
  14. DoubleJab666

DoubleJab666 Dot, dot, dot... Full Member

Nov 9, 2015
    Spike would get battered

15. lencoreastside

Dec 27, 2010
    So you concede it is now likely he came into the ring injured. Good.