Oleksandr Oleksandrovych Usyk vs. Anthony Oluwafemi Olaseni Joshua II & Hrgović vs. Zhang RBR.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by CST80, Aug 20, 2022.

1. ArseBandit

ArseBandit Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 22, 2012
    He said Fury or he doesn't fight again in the post fight interview and I believed him.q

DanielDimov and kirk like this.
  2. Webbiano

Webbiano Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 6, 2011
    Early rounds gave me Frampton Vs Quigg vibes. Very little landed, but the slightly better work from Uysk giving him the majority of early rounds is probably why people are a bit split between ‘Uysk schooled him’ and ‘good effort from Joshua, closer than some people will give him credit’. Not a lot to chose from them early on even if Uysk did take many of the early ones.

3. granth

granth Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 12, 2010
    Joshua is a very good boxer. Usyk is an Elite, once in a generation level boxer.

4. mirkofilipovic

mirkofilipovic ESB Management Full Member

Jan 7, 2014
    :D

Usyk has both

5. Dynamicpuncher

Dynamicpuncher Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 14, 2022
    Bit random but just wanted to say I enjoyed posting in the RBR tonight, I don't normally post much here i mostly just post in classic forum and lounge sometimes.

But it was good to see everyone as excited as me, and seeing everyone elses opinions on the scoring.

Overall I enjoyed the 2 undercard fights Smith/Bauderlique Zhang/Hrgovic and the main event lived up to the hype for me, and the extra bonus of Joshua's meltdown made it more compelling.

Overall though a good night of boxing.

Oddone and gollumsluvslave like this.
  6. Bustajay

Bustajay Feel the Steel/Balls Deep Full Member

Dec 9, 2012
    I had 116-112 USYK—FK GleN FIELDMAN and his no scoring Aze

Dangerwood84 and gollumsluvslave like this.
  7. DanielDimov

DanielDimov Jabbing all night Full Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Just saw Tyson Fury on Instagram. He is drunk as **** in Mallorca, Spain and said that this was the worst champion fight and he is coming back

slash and Sap1en like this.
  8. vargasfan1985

vargasfan1985 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 8, 2008
    ESPN had it 8-4

Seems like there was no way AJ won

9. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    :lol:
    i will take that as a no then. have some confidence in yourself, i will even give you 2 to 1 odds. what more do you want? i will pay extra for your courage.
    seriously though, everyone knew usyk is the better boxer, and if he went 12 he would win. which is why nobody picked aj to win on points. me picking aj by ko makes a hell lot more sense that those picking usyk by ko. usyk praying to God he survives the rd should tell you that. i called the circumstances right, aj just didnt complete the job.
    funny enough, these same clowns celebrating me being wrong are the same clowns claiming guys the size of usyk would never beat the modern behemoths. while i was saying...

Olu G. Rotimi likes this.
  10. LD Boxer-Puncher

LD Boxer-Puncher Well-Known Member Full Member

May 10, 2017
    Really thought the robbery was in place when the first card was read out

oldcanvasback likes this.
  11. cuchulain

cuchulain VIP Member Full Member

Jan 6, 2007
    You had it correct.

12. slash

slash Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 15, 2012
    Championship boxing is 50% physical attributes and 50% mental attributes (Tyson never beats, say, Holyfield for just one example.. or Ali, for another). Joshua must be honest with himself now.

13. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Just saw that usyk won in a good fight. Congrats to him for all the stuff he dealt with going into this fight.

14. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    You can take it as whatever you like. I've zero interest in playing your silly little games you bitter old sack of useless bones. The only person who takes you seriously on here is you. Trust me on that

Go find someone else to argue with seeing as that's what you live for

15. Col Mortimer

Col Mortimer The question isn't indiscreet.The answer could be Full Member

Jul 25, 2010
    With any fighter it's all about possible exposure, Ruiz just happened to be the one who exposed AJ as not being the real deal in the most important aspects of an elite fighter...AJ failed at that point.

This would have always been the case with AJ eventually, it was just a case of who and when.

It's all about the timing. The man is who he is....

Dangerwood84 and slash like this.